How much do you worry about MM?

pollino14

3 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Your conclusion is they NEVER run all deep (again, not Hail Marys) routes on 3rd and short. And that's 100% wrong. 

That's easily proven, post ONE gif with a 3rd and short play that only develops deep routes. Don't hide behind "if you were as knowledgeable as me you'd see it" because it's both weak and condescending.

It may happen occasionally. There may be a rare look where they like the coverage or time/game situation for a deep shot.

I watch all-22. I specifically watch the receivers and coverages. It is not something that happens more than once in a blue moon IF at all. It is such a rarity that you can use "never" figuratively.

They do THROW deep on 3rd and one often. There is virtually always a short/quick look that combos into something deeper/longer developing. The WR sees the ball isn't coming at that spot and continues into the deeper route. It's not something that's readily identifiable where the reads are but they are there. Pretty much the only play in the entire playbook that doesn't have at least one quick/hot read is the Hail Mary. Even stuff they call on 3rd and long has a quick out. Rodgers almost never takes it, but it is there in the play design.

Rodgers greatest fault is the same as Favre's they just manifest differently. Overconfidence. With Favre he'd believe he could make impossible throws that all too often became INTs. Rodgers believes given time, every play can be a big play. Thankfully he doesn't force it into impossible spots, but it tends to lead him to wait too long for plays to develop. Funny thing is, he can pull it off often enough it's a tough sell to get him to reign it in.

I think people get a little too caught up with the gameday stuff when judging coaching. I see McCarthy as a gret-excellent coach tues through sat and an average-above average coach on sundays. It would be cool if we could bring in an OC who is really great at the gameday stuff to compliment him but I don't think it would really make a whole lot of difference the way the coaching heirarchy works in practice in GB

Archived