O Line

BEASToftheEAST4

My take on the OL is that we need to have some contingencies next year. I think Whitworth will retire. I expect them to give Noteboom a crack at the LT job, and I think he can play there. The question is if he's going to be healthy enough for it in 2020. Accordingly, I'd have a contingency plan ready. I think Cordy Glenn makes a lot of sense because I expect the Bengals to cut him, which means he wouldn't cost us a comp pick. He would be capable of playing LT until Noteboom is ready. Then, Glenn could slide inside to LG. Unless he's playing for the NFL minimum (or near it), I'd let Blythe walk. This is the OL I'd plan on entering the year with:

LT: Glenn (with Noteboom taking over eventually)

LG: Evans (assuming he can play OG)

C: Corbett v. Allen v. Draft Pick

RG: Edwards

RT: Havenstein

I know some will argue that Evans should start at RT. I'll let McVay and Kromer work that one out. If they think Havenstein would be the better OG, go for it.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2019 at 6:19 PM, jrry32 said:

My take on the OL is that we need to have some contingencies next year. I think Whitworth will retire. I expect them to give Noteboom a crack at the LT job, and I think he can play there. The question is if he's going to be healthy enough for it in 2020. Accordingly, I'd have a contingency plan ready. I think Cordy Glenn makes a lot of sense because I expect the Bengals to cut him, which means he wouldn't cost us a comp pick. He would be capable of playing LT until Noteboom is ready. Then, Glenn could slide inside to LG. Unless he's playing for the NFL minimum (or near it), I'd let Blythe walk. This is the OL I'd plan on entering the year with:

LT: Glenn (with Noteboom taking over eventually)

LG: Evans (assuming he can play OG)

C: Corbett v. Allen v. Draft Pick

RG: Edwards

RT: Havenstein

I know some will argue that Evans should start at RT. I'll let McVay and Kromer work that one out. If they think Havenstein would be the better OG, go for it.

Remove the word Allen from this post and I love it. 

• Like 1