A Glimps into the Future

DaWg_LB.

15 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Who gives a **** about the market? It’s constantly changing, players contracts are spiking, and teams find ways to get out of those bad contracts.

Saints have supposedly been in cap hell forever and still find ways to keep impact players.

I'm predicting that our Capologists, Analytics department, and Dorsey will care. I certainly couldn't give a F*** if a family of billionaires  losses out on what amounts to be 10 dollars or so in relative working man's dollars if Schobert resigns a big contract.

We do have some interesting decisions to make considering Wilks' 2-LB, nickel heavy system. Does Dorsey go with the youngins and leverage the cap resouces elsewhere? Who knows....

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I'm predicting that our Capologists, Analytics department, and Dorsey will care. I certainly couldn't give a F*** if a family of billionaires  losses out on what amounts to be 10 dollars or so in relative working man's dollars if Schobert resigns a big contract.

We do have some interesting decisions to make considering Wilks' 2-LB, nickel heavy system. Does Dorsey go with the youngins and leverage the cap resouces elsewhere? Who knows....

I don't think Takitaki is good enough in coverage to roll out as a starter.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mind Character said:

1.) Sheldrick Redwine: I have a feeling he becomes our starting FS with Randall leaving in Free Agency. 

2.) Mack Wilson: Does he have staying power as an impact starter? He's flashed a lot this year, but had horrendous plays with his fits as well. What's his best position?

3.) SIone Takitaki: Loved his Berserker mentality coming out of the draft. Injuries slowed his progression to a halt this year. I have a feeling we let Schobert walk as Dorsey and co. see his skills maximized at their apex now with decline to come and Schobert not being worth big money because although he's really good he's not a difference maker in big games in Dorsey's mind. Takitaki likely takes his place. Either he or Mack Wilson. If we retain Joe Scho, I wonder if Wilks will deviate to a more 3-LB look.

4.) Drew Forbes: Can he be an effective swing-first off the bench guy or more?

Bryan Cox Jr. and Porter Gustin won't be on the roster next year and likely won't make on the roster past the draft. I also expect Pharoah Brown and Stephen Carlson to be gone as well with Njoku and RSJ being the Receiving TE and us upgrading with 2 other Blocking/Hybrid TEs.

I think you're probably right about Redwine. He's looked pretty solid in recent weeks and Randall has been just okay this year when he's actually played. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Randall back, but it'd have to be on a team-friendly deal.

Wilson is definitely up and down in his play, but I think we've seen more good than bad from him, especially for a 5th-round pick. He'll likely remain the starter next year and hopefully beyond next year.

I'm afraid you might be right when it comes to Schobert and Takitaki. I really hope we resign Schobert, as he's one of our most consistent players on the team and has balled out this year, but I fear that we're gonna let him go. I haven't seen enough from Takitaki to make me believe he's ready to start next year, although I like what little we've seen from him. But as of right now, I believe he's best utilized as a rotational player.

Hopefully Forbes can compete for a starting spot, but that's asking a lot out of a late round pick.

Pharoah Brown is gone for sure. Carlson has made some nice plays here and there, but he'll have to stand out more if he wants to be on the team next year. Harris will probably be gone too.

• Like 1

Just now, bruceb said:

I am sure you have a point, or at least I will give you that benefit of doubt.

I think you know my point. This is a thread about hope and the future and a safe place from the Freddie/Baker critiquing. Not a big deal but certainly don't want this to turn into another coaching thread since we have others, anything fun is cool though so Katy Perry, talk about the 1964 Browns or whatever.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

This is a thread about hope and the future and a safe place from the Freddie/Baker critiquing.

Kind of silly, imho, to talk about hope and the future from a talent standpoint if the fundamental problem is that we do not have leadership that knows how properly to use the talent.

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think you know my point. This is a thread about hope and the future and a safe place from the Freddie/Baker critiquing. Not a big deal but certainly don't want this to turn into another coaching thread since we have others, anything fun is cool though so Katy Perry, talk about the 1964 Browns or whatever.

How many Super Bowls would we have won by now if Eric Mangini was still the coach of our football team? 🤔

Since this thread is about the future (dial up the flux capacitor!), Here is one I want to keep a close eye one for the 2021 draft.

WR Ja'Marr Chase - yes another LSU WR.

I want to get him here yesterday, but he is just a true sophomore - and because of that, he is ineligible for the 2020 draft. But look at his season. He and Joe Burrow made each other look fantastic in Joe Brady's offense. He was ultra productive. Most importantly, when the Tigers really needed a first down conversion - Ja'Marr was Joe's go to guy.

Size, speed, and production = no brainer.

https://www.rotoworld.com/college-football/nfl-draft/player/40731/jamarr-chase

Edited by brooks1957