A Farewell to Oakland - Raiders vs. Jags

big_palooka

And just like that, it's the last home game to be played in the city of Oakland. One last home stand for the greatest fans in football. A sad farewell to a city that loved this team through it all. 

Let's do things a little different this week:

• What is your favorite memory of the Oakland Raiders since returning in 1995?
  • The memory you'd like to forget?
  • Their biggest winning moment?
  • Their biggest mistake?
  • Who was your favorite Oakland Raider in this era? One offensive and defense player
  • Veteran player who became a Raiders you wish never had?
  • If you could choose anyone to light the Al Davis torch for this game, who would it be?

And finally predict how badly the Raiders are going beat the Jags on Sunday

We Love you Oakland. 

Sincerely,

RaiderNation

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 8

• What is your favorite memory of the Oakland Raiders since returning in 1995?

Getting to the Superbowl in 2003

• The memory you'd like to forget?

The tuck rule game against NE in 2002

• Their biggest winning moment?

Hiring Jon Gruden in 1998

• Their biggest mistake?

Drafting Jamarcus Russell #1 overall in 2007

• Who was your favorite Oakland Raider in this era? One offensive and defense player

Tim Brown and Charles Woodson

• Veteran player who became a Raiders you wish never had?

Warren Sapp

• If you could choose anyone to light the Al Davis torch for this game, who would it be?

Amy Trask. The first female front office executive and Al's right hand. 

Raiders win 24-10

The only thing I'll miss about the team being in Oakland are the intense, insanely dedicated and borderline psychotic fans. Home games will be a lot different, mostly for the good, but the absence of the black hole is going to take a lot of time getting used to.

I couldn't be more excited to become the Las Vegas Raiders.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

• What is your favorite memory of the Oakland Raiders since returning in 1995? 2002 AFC Championship game
  • The memory you'd like to forget? Art Shell 2.0
  • Their biggest winning moment? Signing Rich Gannon
  • Their biggest mistake? Trading Gruden
  • Who was your favorite Oakland Raider in this era? One offensive and defense player Tim Brown, Charles Woodson
  • Veteran player who became a Raiders you wish never had? Randy Moss
  • If you could choose anyone to light the Al Davis torch for this game, who would it be? Charles Woodson

• Like 2

• What is your favorite memory of the Oakland Raiders since returning in 1995? AFC Championship game against the Titans. Gannon was awsome that game. 
  • The memory you'd like to forget? Eddie Royal kicking the **** out D.Hall on MNF/ Bill Callahan, not changing crap on offense in the SB
  • Their biggest winning moment? Getting Gruden the first time
  • Their biggest mistake? Drafting Gallery instead of Larry or Sean Taylor, Fabian over Rodgers, Russell over Calvin. Hiring Art Shell the second time
  • Who was your favorite Oakland Raider in this era? One offensive and defensive player. Charles Woodson and Derrick Burgess/ Ronald Curry and Tim Brown 
  • Veteran player who became a Raiders you wish never had? Randy Moss/DeAngelo Hall
  • If you could choose anyone to light the Al Davis torch for this game, who would it be? John Madden 
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

And just like that, it's the last home game to be played in the city of Oakland. One last home stand for the greatest fans in football. A sad farewell to a city that loved this team through it all. 

• What is your favorite memory of the Oakland Raiders since returning in 1995?     2002  afc championship game (complete with metallica showing for a little set.lol)
  • The memory you'd like to forget?    karma bowl (y`all know which game)
  • Their biggest winning moment?    signing gruden
  • Their biggest mistake?    trading gruden
  • Who was your favorite Oakland Raider in this era? One offensive and defense player      brown/woodson
  • Veteran player who became a Raiders you wish never had?    moss without a doubt!
  • If you could choose anyone to light the Al Davis torch for this game, who would it be?     ice cube and snoop dogg (2 very famous FANS!!)

And finally predict how badly the Raiders are going beat the Jags on Sunday      Oak 27 jax 20

We Love you Oakland. 

Sincerely,

RaiderNation

Edited by Devilshark69

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

• What is your favorite memory of the Oakland Raiders since returning in 1995?—super bowl year——
  • The memory you'd like to forget? —super bowl loss—
  • Their biggest winning moment?—they won every game I attended—
  • Their biggest mistake?—Campbell not sliding—
  • Who was your favorite Oakland Raider in this era? One offensive and defense player—Charlie Garner / romo—
  • Veteran player who became a Raiders you wish never had?—javon walker
  • If you could choose anyone to light the Al Davis torch for this game, who would it be?—howie long—

We Love you Oakland. 

Sincerely,

RaiderNation

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

• What is your favorite memory of the Oakland Raiders since returning in 1995? 2002 AFC Championship Game, I was 17, home alone, and going absolutely nuts all game long.
  • The memory you'd like to forget? 2002 SB Loss, was legit depressed and got into a fight at school the next day. Tuck Rule 
  • Their biggest winning moment? Ronald Curry's TD Catch vs Denver in the snow. 
  • Their biggest mistake? Sheesh...Drafting Jamarcus, trading for Carson Palmer, trading for Randy Moss
  • Who was your favorite Oakland Raider in this era? One offensive and defense player Tim Brown and Charles Woodson, ill also go with Napolean Kaufman and Nnamdi Asomugha, would say Terry McDaniel but he was more LA.
  • Veteran player who became a Raiders you wish never had? Warren Sapp and Randy Moss
  • If you could choose anyone to light the Al Davis torch for this game, who would it be? John Madden 

24-23 RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSS cuz it aint ever easy!  

As long as I've known what football is, the only team I've cared about is the raiders. Unusual for a guy who has lived in PA or NJ his entire life but facts are facts. Unfortunately I've never been able to attend a game at the coliseum and it's one of those things I will always regret. Some of you may not consider me a true fan because of this and you have every right to think that way, but I will always appreciate the e energy that the fans brought to that stadium, no matter how good or bad they were. I really feel for you guys that live in the area and/or go to games. The raiders have been in Oakland for exactly 2/3 of my time on Earth, so they will always be Oakland to me.

Favorite memory: Digging deep here for originality: Beating Rivers for the first time in forever at O.co in 2010. He owned us for half a decade. It was a great win.

Memory you'd like to forget: obviously the super bowl loss

Favorite Winning Moment: AFC Championship Game in 2002. Freshman year of College. Went to school in the Philly area and the eagles lost that day. Awesome night

Biggest Mistake: Drafting Jamarcus. Passed on possibly four hall of famers

Favorite Players of the era: CWood and Charlie Garner

Vet player you wish never had: Ugghh too many to list. Javon Walker?

Let's get a win Raider Nation. Was feeling discouraged after the three losses, but I'm pumped for Sunday!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Man Javon Walker what were the Raiders thinking Straight threw all the money at him and then he ends up getting laid out on the street in Vegas a couple months later hahaha. 

Hate to be Debbie downer He was never right mentally after the Darrent Williams murder combine that with a degenerative knee