A Farewell to Oakland - Raiders vs. Jags

big_palooka

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Man Javon Walker what were the Raiders thinking Straight threw all the money at him and then he ends up getting laid out on the street in Vegas a couple months later hahaha. 

Totally forgot that ever happened. Now i remember most of the guys we signed in FA that year were trash. What was the name of that S we signed from the Giants again?

It WON'T be the last game in Oakland. Before the stadium gets torn down there will be a 'special' game played and it won't be the team we see now...that's all I've got to say...It will be a while but it's not over until a rebuild and I mean CALIFORNIA not the 'team'...Things are about to change. Just call it a decade plus prediction. =)

• What is your favorite memory of the Oakland Raiders since returning in 1995?

The Blackhole.

• The memory you'd like to forget?

Goose killing Gannon or the Tuck rule.

• Their biggest winning moment?

None.  Should have won at least 1 Lombardi.

• Their biggest mistake?

Not hiring a GM when it was clear Davis did not have it together and trading Gruden which was part of the first half.

• Who was your favorite Oakland Raider in this era? One offensive and defense player

Napoleon Kaufman and Mack

• Veteran player who became a Raiders you wish never had?

Javon Walker.  It was the moment that I knew Davis had completely lost it.

• If you could choose anyone to light the Al Davis torch for this game, who would it be?

Mike Mayock. He does not have the past with Davis but he is the future.

11 hours ago, big_palooka said:

• What is your favorite memory of the Oakland Raiders since returning in 1995? My earliest memories as a fan date back to 2000. My favorite memory would have to be us squashing the Titans to go to the SB.
  • The memory you'd like to forget? As much as i bang on Carr, I still cringe when i think of him getting hurt against the Colts. That 2016 team was a fluke and a fraud, but man were they fun to watch. It would've been fun to watch us compete in the playoffs with Carr, and maybe he could've won the MVP that year to go along with Macks DPOY.
  • Their biggest winning moment? 59-14. 
  • Their biggest mistake? I still can't believe Mack is no longer a Raider.
  • Who was your favorite Oakland Raider in this era? One offensive and defense player Darren McFadden and a tie between Nnamdi and Mack.
  • Veteran player who became a Raiders you wish never had? Deangelo Hall, Jacon Walker, Reggie Nelson, Sapp, Moss. I can go on and on
  • If you could choose anyone to light the Al Davis torch for this game, who would it be? George Atkinson. Great Oakland Raider and he could use some love and uplifting after recent tragic events 

15 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Let's do things a little different this week:

• Their biggest mistake?
  • Who was your favorite Oakland Raider in this era? One offensive and defense player
  • If you could choose anyone to light the Al Davis torch for this game, who would it be?

Great idea BP!

I follow the team since 2016, so I will do this questionary accordingly to that.

Favorite memory:

Maybe the game after Al passed away...10 defenders on the field for that last play and Mike Huff gets the INT to seal the win. Al's draft pick secures the W and you could see on most players and coaches that they really played, prepared hard for that game and they really wanted to send Al out on a W. That was a touching moment.

Memory to forget:

Lots of them :)

The 2008 offseason was probably the wildest for me. The DeAngelo Hall, Gibril Wilson and Javon Walker signings were brutal. After the draft my hopes started to really come alive. That back 7 looked good on paper man! I was really hopefull with the Russell-DMac duo on offense...I remember our secondary came out with an all black shoe, socks combo. That Aso, Huff, Wilson, Hall quartett looked really nice on paper and on the field...until the games started...oh boy they sucked...just like the offense...

Biggest winning moment:

I already put the W for Al up at the first question, so I will go with the 2010 week 17 win over the Chiefs and the "We are not losers anymore" locker room celebration...we had something there, until good 'ol Al fired the Cable guy and promoted Hue to HC.

Biggest mistake:

Did I mention that 2008 offseason? Still not totally over that K.Mack situation and trade. There were multiple bad drafts by Al and Reggie and there were some bad trades too, but can't really pick 1 out. Maybe the back to back 2007-2008 drafts...maybe that Al couldn't see that he needed help, his decision from the Gruden trade were more or less hectic, desperate, irracional and bad :(

Favorite player:

On Defense it is easy for me. Charles Woodson. What he meant to this fan base, to that young team was special IMO. Asomugha would have been the pick if Woodson wouldn't come home.

On Offense it is really hard. Carr gave me some great games, memories, but frustrates me a lot too. Marcel Reece was a guy I always liked...he always showed effort. Justin Fargas was another great full effort guy for me in 07, 08. He gave his all, he put his body on the line for his team. I see Reece more then Fargas, so I go with Marcel here.

Veteran player:

Lots of them actually. Every guy from that 2008 offseason. Javon Walker has to be the worst one

Torch:

Willie Brown would have been a great guy to do this. RIP
CWood would be a great choice IMO, but if John Madden's health is good enough he could be another great option.

Maybe a group of Raiders legends together?

• Like 2

What is your favorite memory of the Oakland Raiders since returning in 1995?

The win after Davis death in Houston

The memory you'd like to forget?

The Tuck Rule of course

Their biggest winning moment?

The win for Davis

Their biggest mistake?

Jamarcus Russell

Who was your favorite Oakland Raider in this era? One offensive and defense player

McFadden and Asomugha

Veteran player who became a Raiders you wish never had?

Randy Moss

If you could choose anyone to light the Al Davis torch for this game, who would it be?

Tim Brown or Charles Woodson

Edited by Blazer026

This is super personal but my first game in Oakland and actually my first NFL game in 2000 when they played against the Chiefs. I was in sixth grade and that game made me a fan mostly because of raider nation!

Carr breaking his ankle against Indy. We talk about 2016 a lot but man what could have been that year. 

Beating the Texans after Al Davis died

• Their biggest mistake?

Many say Russell but i says taking Pryor in the supplemental draft. If they don’t waste a pick on him perhaps they select a little qb in the third round name Russell Wilson

Nnamdi and Josh Jacobs

Carson Palmer this has more to do with the price paid and his impact on the team  

Jim Otto, other than Al when i think of the embodiment of the Raiders i think of him.  

20 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Let's do things a little different this week:

• What is your favorite memory of the Oakland Raiders since returning in 1995? When the Raiders destroyed the Titans in the 2002 AFC championship. One of the more memorable days of my Raider fanhood.
  • The memory you'd like to forget? Honestly there are so many I don't even know where to start lol
  • Their biggest winning moment? Everything about the 2002 season.
  • Their biggest mistake? I'm going to go with keeping Moss too long and killing his trade value. Who knows if the rumors were true, but man I would have loved to make the deal where Green Bay gets Moss and we get Rodgers and picks. Of course, we could have just drafted him instead of Fabian Washington.
  • Who was your favorite Oakland Raider in this era? One offensive and defense player I loved me some Darren McFadden and Khalil Mack
  • Veteran player who became a Raiders you wish never had? Javon Walker. What a disaster. There's a lot of other to list (Sapp, D. Hall, G. Wilson, etc.)
  • If you could choose anyone to light the Al Davis torch for this game, who would it be? How about a group like Amy Trask, Jim Plunkett, Tom Flores, and others being a part of it.

Finally,

Raiders 27

Jaguars 23