A Farewell to Oakland - Raiders vs. Jags

big_palooka

21 hours ago, big_palooka said:

And just like that, it's the last home game to be played in the city of Oakland. One last home stand for the greatest fans in football. A sad farewell to a city that loved this team through it all. 

Let's do things a little different this week:

• What is your favorite memory of the Oakland Raiders since returning in 1995? - Chucky part 1. 3 straight division titles and a Super Bowl trip was the most success we've had during my fandom.
  • The memory you'd like to forget? - Al with his projector
  • Their biggest winning moment? - AFC Championship against the Titans
  • Their biggest mistake? - Drafting JR over Megatron and AP
  • Who was your favorite Oakland Raider in this era? One offensive and defense player - Timmy B and CWood
  • Veteran player who became a Raiders you wish never had? - Javon Walker
  • If you could choose anyone to light the Al Davis torch for this game, who would it be? - Rich Gannon

And finally predict how badly the Raiders are going beat the Jags on Sunday - 27-17

We Love you Oakland. 

Sincerely,

RaiderNation

On 12/11/2019 at 1:30 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

The only thing I'll miss about the team being in Oakland are the intense, insanely dedicated and borderline psychotic fans. Home games will be a lot different, mostly for the good, but the absence of the black hole is going to take a lot of time getting used to.

I couldn't be more excited to become the Las Vegas Raiders.

I was talking to a Raider fan I met at random last year.  I do that a lot.  He said his relative already bought his season tickets...... in the Black Hole.  Maybe it's not a thing of the past.  It's those who make it.

• Like 1

I first started watching in 2006 so I'm going off what I directly experienced;

On 12/11/2019 at 2:07 PM, agarcia34 said:
  • What is your favorite memory of the Oakland Raiders since returning in 1995? Oakland 59 - Denver 14 ....*laughs in DMC*
  • The memory you'd like to forget? Trent Cole breaking Carr's fibula. Would've beaten the Broncos and gotten a bye if not for that
  • Their biggest winning moment? Beating the Panthers in 2016 after Carr dislocated his finger. Felt like everything went wrong and was over with the Kelvin Benjamin touchdown, then the team just rattles off an onslaught like I haven't seen since. Mack ends it with a sack. Felt like a team of destiny. There's no doubt that team was a fraud, but there's no telling how far that fraud could've gone in the playoffs
  • Their biggest mistake? Jamarcus single-handily made the case for the rookie wage scale. Very close second is the Palmer trade that we didn't even make the playoffs for. F'n Hue
  • Who was your favorite Oakland Raider in this era? One offensive and defensive player. McFadden and Asomugha 
  • Veteran player who became a Raiders you wish never had? LOL it would be easier to list the signings that didn't rip us off. I'll go with MeAngelo
  • If you could choose anyone to light the Al Davis torch for this game, who would it be? Madden 

Edited by Dodo
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 2:18 PM, big_palooka said:
  • What is your favorite memory of the Oakland Raiders since returning in 1995? The 2002 Season minus Superbowl
  • The memory you'd like to forget? Carr's injury in 2016... Ugh
  • Their biggest winning moment? Denver Game 59 - 14
  • Their biggest mistake? Jamarcus Russell....  Darius Heyward Bey was a close second
  • Who was your favorite Oakland Raider in this era? One offensive and defense player Tim Brown and Charles Woodson
  • Veteran player who became a Raiders you wish never had? Javon Walker by default but there were too many
  • If you could choose anyone to light the Al Davis torch for this game, who would it be? Tim Brown

And finally predict how badly the Raiders are going beat the Jags on Sunday 23-20

I was at the game last week against Tennessee. I was planning to go to the game this week but after that pathetic performance, I'll probably just watch it somewhere in Oakland. I went to two games this year, the Chiefs game and the Titans game. We got blown out in both. The only reason I want to go is to throw a beer on Carr as he walks through the tunnel. 

• Like 2

I'm from LA so I've only gone to two games up in Oakland and one game on the road at Denver (2017; when Carr broke his back). I really loved making the trip to the Bay and really enjoyed the passion that my fellow fans showed at the games. I was at the recent game against the Lions so that was a great experience. However, my other game came in 2014 when we were 0-10 and beat KC on TNF. Nothing will ever top that experience for me (sports-wise anyways). Pouring rain, primetime TV, and it being my first time at the Coliseum was special. Happy to say we are 2-0 when being at the Coliseum lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

I'm from LA so I've only gone to two games up in Oakland and one game on the road at Denver (2017; when Carr broke his back). I really loved making the trip to the Bay and really enjoyed the passion that my fellow fans showed at the games. I was at the recent game against the Lions so that was a great experience. However, my other game came in 2014 when we were 0-10 and beat KC on TNF. Nothing will ever top that experience for me (sports-wise anyways). Pouring rain, primetime TV, and it being my first time at the Coliseum was special. Happy to say we are 2-0 when being at the Coliseum lol

From now on, you have to go to more games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I was at the game last week against Tennessee. I was planning to go to the game this week but after that pathetic performance, I'll probably just watch it somewhere in Oakland. I went to two games this year, the Chiefs game and the Titans game. We got blown out in both. The only reason I want to go is to throw a beer on Carr as he walks through the tunnel. 

Haha, you're ruthless. I think of that MSU rant that went viral in 2006(?)

"I WAS IN THE STANDS. I DID MY JOB. MAKE PLAYS!!"

Edited by Dodo