A Farewell to Oakland - Raiders vs. Jags

big_palooka

What is your favorite memory of the Oakland Raiders since returning in 1995?

-- Making the SB.  Also, the 12-4 season a few years ago.  

The memory you'd like to forget?

-- Tuck rule game.  Complete BS... they know it, we know it, the league knows it.

Their biggest winning moment?

-- Beating Denver on I think SNF when we DOMINATED them.

Their biggest mistake?

-- Jamarcus Russell

Who was your favorite Oakland Raider in this era? One offensive and defense player

--Wood and Jacobs

Veteran player who became a Raiders you wish never had?

-- Javon Walker

If you could choose anyone to light the Al Davis torch for this game, who would it be?

-- Art Shell.  He represents some of the best and worst times of this franchise.  He has seen it all. 

And finally predict how badly the Raiders are going beat the Jags on Sunday

-- I think we pull it off because of pure emotion.  The crowd should be crazy.  After the game one way or another it'll be emotional.  

31-24 The Oakland Raiders.

@big_palooka  You and I have been around this site now for a long long time.  I wouldn't rather have anyone else write up the final GDT for us.  We have had our disagreements, and have cheered on like champions.  Much respect.  Off to Vegas.

• Like 3

On 12/11/2019 at 4:18 PM, big_palooka said:

And just like that, it's the last home game to be played in the city of Oakland. One last home stand for the greatest fans in football. A sad farewell to a city that loved this team through it all. 

Let's do things a little different this week:

• What is your favorite memory of the Oakland Raiders since returning in 1995? Tim brown getting in the hall of fame.
  • The memory you'd like to forget? Art shell 2nd era
  • Their biggest winning moment? beating the Texans right after AL Davis death. 
  • Their biggest mistake? Drafting russell or letting hue Jackson have gm duties. 
  • Who was your favorite Oakland Raider in this era? One offensive and defense player darren McFadden and Charles woodson. (Tim brown isnt really this era I guess). 
  • Veteran player who became a Raiders you wish never had? Randy Moss, D hall
  • If you could choose anyone to light the Al Davis torch for this game, who would it be? Tim Brown

And finally predict how badly the Raiders are going beat the Jags on Sunday. by 14

We Love you Oakland. 

Sincerely,

RaiderNation

Got to be a bittersweet day for a lot of Raiders fans out there.  The Raiders are playing their last ever game in Oakland.  Hard to believe.  It was surreal to even type that sentence and I'm just a Vikings fan.  I can just imagine how Raiders fans are feeling today. 

Anyway, best of luck in your new home in Las Vegas, and we will always have great memories of what many of us consider to be one of the league's marquis teams playing in Oaktown all these years.  Here's to you, Raiders fans.

9244674_web1_ap_16336750624039.jpg

de4dac1363f45eb5e1e340621b9b5e50.jpg

WireAP_bf9196a5bcaf48459e77372d75f8a02b_

• Like 4