GDT: Texans (8-5) @ Titans -3 (8-5)

ragevsuall17

Man... the Titans are en fuego... having won 4 in a row, including 3 against opponents going into that game with playoff aspirations.  The Titans have scored 30 points each game during the streak, including two 42 point games.  That marks 3 games this season the Titans scored 42+ points in a game. 

The Titans' offensive explosion this past week were highlighted with both Tannehill and Henry being rewarded with weekly awards.  The 559 net yards were the highest in franchise history since the run and shoot days (91), and the 9.36 yards per play were the highest in franchise history and the highest total in the NFL for the season.  

In comes our most hated rival, the Texans who have been somewhat Jekyl and Hyde this past month, beating the Pats one week, but getting blown out by the Ravens and Broncos in 2 of the other 3 games (don't let the final score of that Broncos game fool you, they were dominated, down 38-3 at one point in the 3rd).  The Texans currently ranked as the 6th worst team against the pass (yards), and have given up the 5th most TD passes and are 4th worst in interceptions.  They are middle of the pack in rushing yards given up per game, but are 10th worse, giving up 4.5 yards a pop.  

Pete Prisco is back on the Titans wagon this week, after picking against them last week

Houston Texans at Tennessee Titans (-3)

This is for first place in the division, which means it's a huge game. The Titans have won six of seven games with Ryan Tannehill at quarterback. He is playing great football. The Texans were awful in their home loss to the Broncos last week and I think Tannehill will carve up that defense like Drew Lock did. The Titans will take over first place. 

Pick: Titans 29, Texans 24

Some good info posted on the Raiders GDT:

7 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I have never loved the light blue, but they look really good in this photo.

5 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Music City Miracles compiled a lot of statistics about our offense from a number of different places. I think they're doing this as a weekly article now. Great read.

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2019/12/11/21005101/diving-into-another-historically-efficient-day-for-the-titans-offense

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

The only worry I have going into this game is that the Texans were absolutely humiliated last week. When good teams get humiliated it seems like they always bounce back strong.

That said, we are basically in a must-win every week for the rest of the year so I don't see us coming in cocky. Everyone is expecting us to fall off and be that same ol Titans, but even if we lose this game in infuriating fashion, we're not the same ol Titans. 

This team is insanely talented, fast, and physical, and they have been playing with incredible confidence since Tannehill has taken over. You can see when they are lining up on offense that everyone on that field buys in to what he says and they all look to him for leadership. He's doing a great job with checks at the line and putting the team in the best position on offense. The penalties have dropped down the last few weeks and we don't see any of the WRs winding up next to each other in their routes like we did as he was first taking over. I think this is due to him being vocal and getting everyone lined up properly. 

I think we will be down 14-10 at the half, but bounce back after halftime to take the division lead.

21 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

The only worry I have going into this game is that the Texans were absolutely humiliated last week. When good teams get humiliated it seems like they always bounce back strong.

That said, we are basically in a must-win every week for the rest of the year so I don't see us coming in cocky. Everyone is expecting us to fall off and be that same ol Titans, but even if we lose this game in infuriating fashion, we're not the same ol Titans. 

This team is insanely talented, fast, and physical, and they have been playing with incredible confidence since Tannehill has taken over. You can see when they are lining up on offense that everyone on that field buys in to what he says and they all look to him for leadership. He's doing a great job with checks at the line and putting the team in the best position on offense. The penalties have dropped down the last few weeks and we don't see any of the WRs winding up next to each other in their routes like we did as he was first taking over. I think this is due to him being vocal and getting everyone lined up properly. 

I think we will be down 14-10 at the half, but bounce back after halftime to take the division lead.

You’re jinxing it. Be negative. Always be negative. 

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I've been oddly positive the last few weeks and it's worked better than the last 10 years that I've been negative lol.

Yeah I’m memeing anyways. I’ve been pretty damn confident about the games the past 3-4 weeks. As long as we get one of Sims or Adoree back, we should be good to go. 

• Like 1