GDT: Texans (8-5) @ Titans -3 (8-5)

ragevsuall17

17 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

There are definitely reasons for optimism depending on who we resign. I’ve never been more confident in a Titans offense long term. AJ is a legit No. 1, Henry is a workhorse, Humphries was getting more comfortable and the line has gotten significantly better. 

Plus Jonnu has really developed into a valuable weapon, Davis may not be a gamebreaker we all expected but he's still a nice weapon to have and we have some nice role players (depending on who we keep) like Frisker, Pruitt, Raymond and even Blasingame.

And maybe the most important thing is we should finally keep an OC (that's not Robiskie lol) for consecutive seasons.

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 1

My opinion we have 2 #1 WR’s though we get very lil production out of 1 but that’s what it is in this system. Jonnu is Delanie 2.0 the kid can flat out fly & Humphries was starting to settle in. The OL has been better as of late. Davis is going to be 1 of the better guards in the league give him time, in the next 2 years. Art is coming along though I’m not exactly sold on him, I must admit he’s gotten better these past few weeks 

our offense is gonna be fine if we can stop making these boneheaded plays every game. henry fumbling on his first carry vs indy, tannehill getting picked early on in opposing territory two weeks in a row (i realize the second one was really on firkser, but the point stands) *still* not signing a half-competent kicker....after the raiders game vrabel said something to the effect of "the only guys that can stop us on offense are in this room" and we sure as hell proved that today.

on defense we desperately, desperately need a shot in the arm in terms of pass rush. that's got to be the #1 priority in the offseason.

Wake provided so much more as an outside rusher than he got credit for here. He didn't get the sacks, but he was putting pressure on the QB. If you can affect the throw you're doing your job. Sacks are great, but they're such a small percentage of the game. When there are 70 plays on defense it's ridiculous to look at whether a player had 1 sack or 0 sacks and think "yep he was(n't) effective".

Same goes for OL and CB. Conklin was shredded earlier in the season and people acted like we weren't going to resign him because of a few bad snaps in a 3 week stretch.

Losing Wake and the two outside CBs hurt the defense badly.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Wake provided so much more as an outside rusher than he got credit for here. He didn't get the sacks, but he was putting pressure on the QB. If you can affect the throw you're doing your job. Sacks are great, but they're such a small percentage of the game. When there are 70 plays on defense it's ridiculous to look at whether a player had 1 sack or 0 sacks and think "yep he was(n't) effective".

Same goes for OL and CB. Conklin was shredded earlier in the season and people acted like we weren't going to resign him because of a few bad snaps in a 3 week stretch.

Wake could get pressure don’t get me wrong but we haven’t had no inside pressure, whatsoever. 

11 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I don’t think Landry is getting doubled as much as people are acting like. Right now all he gets are cheap spot sacks and rarely makes splash plays. 
he’s not good enough to warrant double teams. 

He's right up there with the likes of TJ Watt, Nick Bosa, Von Miller, etc in terms of double team rate. Basically around average, both in terms of being double teamed, as well as pass rush win rate.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Yeah, this. Wake would've been a huge boost if he could have been on the field. 

As for Conklin, I do think he has settled in very nicely as the season went on. I would be surprised if he doesn't get signed back.

14 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

He's right up there with the likes of TJ Watt, Nick Bosa, Von Miller, etc in terms of double team rate. Basically around average, both in terms of being double teamed, as well as pass rush win rate.

Thanks for pulling this stat, good to have the actual numbers versus just going off an inconsistent eye test

• Like 1

people that didn't show up yesterday that needed to

Byard, Ryan, Casey, Daquan Jones, Evans, Davis, Landry

I know we missed guys like Adoree and Butler more than ever yesterday. But we simply got out hustled and Houston played a much more physical game than we did. That's what bothers me more than anything. We're supposed to be the hard-nosed, physical football team that wears teams down. Carlos Hyde dominated us yesterday...little by little.

I also don't want to get into the discussion of the fans not showing up and all that...because it's easy for me to criticize when I'm nearly 900 miles away. But come on....biggest game of the year, two 8-5 teams, we had Vrabel and Henry imploring fans to show up (which is pathetic), and all you see on tv are red seats in the 200 section

we just don't have a good fan-base. that's not a slight on us on FF. it's not a slight on the city of Nashville. it's a slight on tennessee titans fans as a whole. 

14 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Important to note we're missing Butler as well. If you lose your top two CBs, and they're also your two outside corners, it's gonna sting pretty bad. Sims is a solid #4 guy but when you have to ask him to cover Hopkins or Fuller you're asking a ton.

Yeah, I was going to say that its not just Adoree, it's Butler too.  I know he's not very much appreciated here on the boards, but we've given up 297 passing y/g in the 5 games since he's been out... compared to 236 py/g when he was in the lineup.  Adoree being out has definitely made it worse... but we've been bad back there for over a month now.  

14 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

They gave up 24 points. And one of the touchdowns started around the ten yard line. Idk how much more you can ask of them. They werent great, but they weren't getting bullied either. Mercilus doesn't get that lucky pick, or if Ryan Succop isn't absolute trash we have a real good chance of winning.

I was questioned a bit when I criticized the defense earlier in the year... but you saw it.  They'd do a great job for most of the game, but they'd always have at least a few drives where they showed no resistance and allowed the opponent's offense to march down the field... saw it in the Browns game, the long run we gave up to the Colts at the end, the Bills game (think we gave up a huge gain on a scoring drive in the 4th)... the signs were there, that when push came to shove, we could be exposed somewhat. I honestly think our offense being bad masked that a bit. 

We have the pieces back there... and the coaches... we just need to tighten some things up a bit... I think we need to get away from zone... just seems that every time we're in zone, teams gut us, nickel and dime us down the field.  

Next day thinking:

Wish we had a RB able to be a threat since Henry is not full go.  
We are paying Lewis to be that kind of guy, but he just doesn't have the same juice as a runner.

Defensively I'm losing more and more confidence by the game. Just doesn't feel like we are stopping anyone. Feels like we luck up into some defensive plays, where the offense makes a mistake like a dropped pass or bad throw. Rather than us just outright stopping them. 

I close my eyes with every kick now. It is just a sad state our kicking game is in. And our kickoff guy can't even put it in the endzone. Carrying two kickers and neither one is doing their job. Need a new kicker and cut one for DB or RB help. 

I think the Steelers will lose again, their offense is just not very good. But their defense is.... I can see them beating the Jets and then losing to the Ravens even if they have nothing to play for. 
I can see us beating the Texans just because I'd hope we'd eliminate the mistakes on offense.  I can see the Bucs beating the Texans also. Bucs have a good front and can get after the QB and the Texans can be had on the offensive line in pass protection. I also can see Will Fuller tweaking his hamstring again for some reason. 

I like Firsker and he is normally as reliable as they come, but it was a bad day for him yesterday and i think those routes would have been for Humphries if he was healthy and Hump likely makes those catches.  

Sucks we lost and that we are back at the same point we've been for the last few years. Does feel different but still the same. 
Stronger offensively than we've been in the past, but we are weaker defensively.