GDT: Texans (8-5) @ Titans -3 (8-5)

ragevsuall17

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

The Colts game is the one I look at and think would’ve been a definite win with Tannehill, it’s the only early loss I recall where the QB play was the major detriment, and given how close it was, there’s no way we lose it with RT. Which, even if that’s the only difference, that would’ve left us only needing one more win to clinch a playoff spot.

I think we win it with a decent kicker. Missed two FGs in that game. Even with the poor QB play, we should have won it with a decent kicker. 

4 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Even with the growing pains there's no way in hell he would have been worse than Mariota. I think everyone's heard it by now but the reports were that he just looked better than him in training camp. Should have been a competition like some have already said on here.

I don't recall any reports saying Tanny was looking head over heels better.  I think it was all based on the Pre-season games. He did look better there. 

There were a few here wanting to see Tanny from the jump, but overall nobody was beating that door down hard, because NOBODY saw him as being capable of playing like he has. We thought he'd be a more consistent version of the Falcons game Marcus. He still took sacks and turned the ball over.

Only game I think Tanny without a doubt would have been the deciding factor is Denver. I mean he obviously would have made the difference in all. But Bills and Colts were games I look at and say even with the QB play if our kickers do their job we win them. 

Buffalo and Colts were multiple reasons (QB, Line, Kicking game, Arthur Smith).  

But yes, overall we likely win at least one of those games with Tanny. Maybe Denver.

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

We would have the tiebreaker with Pittsburgh at 8-8 anyways.

So we could lose out and Pitt lose out and we still make the playoffs?

Why isn't this talked about? LOL

And  then

Why would the Saints game be meaningless? Win that Pit lose 2 times which is reasonable, then we in?

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

So we could lose out and Pitt lose out and we still make the playoffs?

Why isn't this talked about? LOL

And  then

Why would the Saints game be meaningless? Win that Pit lose 2 times which is reasonable, then we in?

We don’t have to win the Saints game if Pittsburgh loses out. If we lose to the Texans, we lose the tiebreaker at 9-7 even if we beat the Saints. 

Basically:

If the Steelers win out, we are out regardless of the Saints game.

If the Steelers finish 9-7, we win the tiebreaker if we beat Houston and lose to NO and lose the tiebreaker if we beat NO and lose to Houston.

If the Steelers finish 8-8, we finish ahead of them regardless of the last two.

The only way the Saints game matters is if Houston loses, then we can still win the division with two wins.

• Like 1