Which position?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which position?

• LT
    • LG
    • C
    • RG
    • RT

RT is probably the most pressing need unless Jonah has another set back. But we do need to draft another LT in case Cordy is gone. Bobby Hart should be regulated to swing tackle. 

I think the team feels set with Michael Jordan at LG and John Miller at RG. Hopefully we resign Trey Hopkins at C but he might be getting a big pay day. 

Right Tackle.  Try to sign a starter there in free agency.  Draft a guy to develop as the 4th tackle in the 4th round. Add another interior lineman at some point,  but not to start, just depth. Unless Callahan is horrified by what he has to work with there.  Then look to free agency for that as well.

Right now RT and LG are the biggest holes. I don't expect Glenn to return but think Jonah will be handed the job for 2020 at LT. 

Jordan should improve for year 2 so I'll say RT is our biggest need. We shouldn't pay Hart 5 mil+ to be a backup and he's not good enough to start. So we should cut him and look for an upgrade in free agency. Those won't be hard to find though the Bengals may well screw it up.

I say LTY, because there is still uncertainty surrounding it.  Maybe Jonah is ready, or maybe he should be manning RT.  Jonah goes to one spot regardless, but if they win a couple of games and miss Burrow, then Thomas should be the pick.

Whether you say LT or RT in the poll, we absolutely need a starting OT moving forward.

I think the team is set on having Jonah man the LT spot next year. They seemed pretty hell bent on it last off season by moving people around. A lot of this depends on the whole Glenn situation. If he's still on the team he can play whatever position is weaker between LG and RT. If he's gone, we definitely need to prioritize RT because Hart should not be starting. 

I'm a BPA kind of guy. I don't really care what OL position they prioritize as long as they take the best player. 

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I say LTY, because there is still uncertainty surrounding it.  Maybe Jonah is ready, or maybe he should be manning RT.  Jonah goes to one spot regardless, but if they win a couple of games and miss Burrow, then Thomas should be the pick.

Whether you say LT or RT in the poll, we absolutely need a starting OT moving forward.

Jonah is ready to practice now, he'll be ready by week 1 next year.  He'll be playing LT.

Also, if they win a few and miss Burrow, they're much more likely to take Tua or Herbert than another tackle, IMO.  And i think that would be the right move.  I don't want to hear about those guys not being the right guys, or having needs elsewhere.  That's how this team has missed out on Mahomes, Watson, L Jackson, etc.  

When you're in position to take a QB, you take the QB.  

To answer the question at hand - IMO it's RT.  There are some option at LG, and they may be able to find a scrap heap guy ala John Miller.  That's less likely to happen at RT.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Jonah is ready to practice now, he'll be ready by week 1 next year.  He'll be playing LT.

Also, if they win a few and miss Burrow, they're much more likely to take Tua or Herbert than another tackle, IMO.  And i think that would be the right move.  I don't want to hear about those guys not being the right guys, or having needs elsewhere.  That's how this team has missed out on Mahomes, Watson, L Jackson, etc.  

When you're in position to take a QB, you take the QB.  

To answer the question at hand - IMO it's RT.  There are some option at LG, and they may be able to find a scrap heap guy ala John Miller.  That's less likely to happen at RT.

By ready, I mean ready to handle LT in the NFL.  There were plenty of scouts questioning that.  So it's still iffy for me until he proves he can handle it.   Either way, we need a tackle.