Packers Release LaDarius Gunter, RJF

packfanfb

51 minutes ago, lrs3 said:

Another OT is needed with Bulaga and Spriggs nursing injuries...I'd suspect this is  a short-term move.

Certainly could be.  Maybe Bulaga is going to be a bit more time and with Spriggs injured, needed another OT.  Still would have made more sense to me to swap an OT for one of the IOL players.

11 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I guess I don't understand how McCray has more value on our current 53 than Gunter. I suppose I'm more comfortable with his legs than most fans, which I've noticed plenty.

I wasn't arguing it'll have a negative locker room influence BTW. I was reading in between the lines that cutting guys like this keeps guys on their toes which can have or will have a positive affect.

There's not gonna be any negative impact in my eyes. But if Gunter goes and plays somewhere well and I have to hear screaming over it I'm gonna pull my hair out since most everyone but me seems fine with this lol

Hey Norm...McCray....

I didn't get to watch a lot of him during pre-season.  But....Larry McCarron did.  He knows a thing or two about offensive linemen.  And he really, really liked McCrary.  Something about pancake blocks in the first pre-season game.  He highlighted McCrary on his tv show.  At least I was told about it....from my father who follows all things Packer related and lives just a little north of GB.

I think the club likes the potential in McCrary.  Probably like they liked the potential in Taylor.

Just something to think about....

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Hey Norm...McCray....

I didn't get to watch a lot of him during pre-season.  But....Larry McCarron did.  He knows a thing or two about offensive linemen.  And he really, really liked McCrary.  Something about pancake blocks in the first pre-season game.  He highlighted McCrary on his tv show.  At least I was told about it....from my father who follows all things Packer related and lives just a little north of GB.

I think the club likes the potential in McCrary.  Probably like they liked the potential in Taylor.

Just something to think about....

I missed a lot of the portions of the games where he was playing. 

I hope that's true.

Hate to see RJF go. If we have an open roster spot, we should make a play for Ed Stinson now that Arizona has released him. Perhaps they were a team trying to go after Pankey or another PS OL after their atrocious showing at Detroit Sunday.

Archived