Packers Release LaDarius Gunter, RJF

packfanfb

16 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Anyone watch Rodgers' locker room interview? Pretty clear to me that he was perturbed by the latest roster moves.

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Rodgers-sees-talent-and-discipline-on-Falcons-defense/f157d837-ca68-4616-af28-331076072a2d

Answer starts at 9:12

Seemed maybe a little disappointed, but felt like it was more of a political answer (answering with the locker room mood in mind). It's gotta be tough for those guys to suddenly see teammates come and go.

53 minutes ago, packerjmf said:

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Rodgers-sees-talent-and-discipline-on-Falcons-defense/f157d837-ca68-4616-af28-331076072a2d

Answer starts at 9:12

Seemed maybe a little disappointed, but felt like it was more of a political answer (answering with the locker room mood in mind). It's gotta be tough for those guys to suddenly see teammates come and go.

Yeah but it keeps them on their toes and stuff.

I really didn't like those either. I hope it there's any issues there they wear out fast.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Anyone watch Rodgers' locker room interview? Pretty clear to me that he was perturbed by the latest roster moves.

It's probably the reaction of most people before they fully understand the reasoning behind what was done. 

It's not like the Packers wanted to release RJF just to promote someone from the practice squad, it was mandated by the injuries on the OLine.  It was done to protect Rodgers in a worst case injury scenario.  They probably don't want to be putting any more DLinemen on the OLine due to injury like they did in the NFC Championship game.  It's likely Rodgers understands the reasoning behind this now.

7 hours ago, Revel8 said:

It's probably the reaction of most people before they fully understand the reasoning behind what was done. 

It's not like the Packers wanted to release RJF just to promote someone from the practice squad, it was mandated by the injuries on the OLine.  It was done to protect Rodgers in a worst case injury scenario.  They probably don't want to be putting any more DLinemen on the OLine due to injury like they did in the NFC Championship game.  It's likely Rodgers understands the reasoning behind this now.

That's my take also. The Ricky Jeans and Howard Greens will always be out there but quality Olineman not so much. 

Archived