Packers Release LaDarius Gunter, RJF

packfanfb

From Jason Wilde:

Just last week, Francois was talking about how he’s told many of the young players that the Packers take better care of their players than other NFL teams he’s played for.

“Everything you get here? Many organizations don’t do that. Here, they take care of players — physically, mentally, rest, food, whatever,” Francois said at the time. “They take care of them. Many organizations don’t do that. That’s why you have a team that’s been to the playoffs so many years — eight, nine years in a row."

Should there be a new thread for these moves? Was a bit confusing to figure out what's happened.

I'll be interested to see who replaces RJF. Ringo would be so bizzare. I get people saying we wanted to do RJF a solid by keeping him on the roster, but would we really risk losing a player we thought was better just to help a guy out?

1 minute ago, packerjmf said:

Should there be a new thread for these moves? Was a bit confusing to figure out what's happened.

I'll be interested to see who replaces RJF. Ringo would be so bizzare. I get people saying we wanted to do RJF a solid by keeping him on the roster, but would we really risk losing a player we thought was better just to help a guy out?

If you thought you could fit Ringo on the PS maybe?

I think this is far more that Adams is about to be ready to go and Dial is is coming on board. Dial is a LOS dweller just like RJF is, just younger and longer.

2 minutes ago, packerjmf said:

Do it up.

I assume is not better or worse but the kind of bodies they wanted. Maybe they felt he was superfluous after getting Dial?

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If you thought you could fit Ringo on the PS maybe?

I think this is far more that Adams is about to be ready to go and Dial is is coming on board. Dial is a LOS dweller just like RJF is, just younger and longer.

That's the only reasonable conclusion in my eyes as well.

I wanna see who the claim is regardless. Maybe it's really not a Ringo deal... This has been an odd off season. 

Was Datones deal anything serious? Maybe that's it.

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

That's the only reasonable conclusion in my eyes as well.

I wanna see who the claim is regardless. Maybe it's really not a Ringo deal... This has been an odd off season. 

Was Datones deal anything serious? Maybe that's it.

I'd be very surprised if Jones was brought back. I may very well be wrong but the impression I got was that there was not a good relationship by the end of Jones' time here.

27 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Why?  He was a gamer but too darn slow.

Yeah he was slow, but he was good at press man and had a nack for making plays. He was forced into being a CB1 last season, something we can all agree he wasn't meant to be. However, he is perfect as a CB4/5, that experience he got last season is invaluable. I don't think that Pipkins or Hawkins are better than him. 

I would rather have Ringo back than Datone Jones. I'm done with Jones.

The whole cut Ringo to keep RJF and then claim Ringo back to cut RJF again make no sense. Why not cut RJF after we claimed Dial in the first place? What makes more sense to me is that we would put Ringo on our PS if he passes through waivers unclaimed.

Its very possible we called up Gilbert as cover for due to Brooks concussion which would explain RJF getting cut.

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'd be very surprised if Jones was brought back. I may very well be wrong but the impression I got was that there was not a good relationship by the end of Jones' time here.

Could well be. I guess Ringo is the obvious one but that's just off since it was like we cut us for PS okay come back and be active. But the dial thing changes stuff. Maybe I'm hoping for something random haha

3 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

Yeah he was slow, but he was good at press man and had a nack for making plays. He was forced into being a CB1 last season, something we can all agree he wasn't meant to be. However, he is perfect as a CB4/5, that experience he got last season is invaluable. I don't think that Pipkins or Hawkins are better than him. 

No chance he's worse. But maybe they just see a maxed guy they don't want to use again. IDK how anyone would trust those guys over him tomorrow but maybe that's not what CB5 is for. 

Archived