Was Saquon the right pick for Giants?

SotanKing

Was Saquon the right pick?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Was Saquon the right pick?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/31/2019 at 11:23 PM

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Who should they have taken? The QBs are the only option to consider if we really are complaining about positional importance. Nelson being a guard faced the same criticism

I think Chubb was in that discussion, fwiw. 

I criticized the decision at the time but Rosen has been a major disappointment, the Jets still don’t know what they really have in Darnold, and Allen is improving but isn’t living up to a top-10 draft status thus far. Nelson, Ward, or Chubb wouldn’t have been bad picks either but I’m not sure they’re obvious choices over Barkley if we’re isolating that one pick.

Full hindsight, I’d say Nelson/Chubb + Chubb in the 2nd, then Josh Allen. 

30 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Who should they have taken? The QBs are the only option to consider if we really are complaining about positional importance. Nelson being a guard faced the same criticism

Baker and Darnold were both strong QB prospects, worthy of top 3 picks considering positional value. I also would've taken Bradley Chubb over Barkley considering positional value. Ward and Nelson you could argue based off of positional needs.

Bottom line is that the running back does not impact an NFL team in the same vein that a quarterback or edge rusher does.

5 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Good gosh 

Which part is worth goshing over? We saw what Saquon can do when defenses focus on him for a season. I personally don't believe Daniel Jones is a franchise QB. Miles Sanders was just a 2nd round QB in this years draft, you can pick anyone you want. 

But Darnold is going to be successful in this league for a long time. Pretty sure you can match Saquon's production with 2-3 RB's on a team. No brainer tbh

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Which part is worth goshing over? We saw what Saquon can do when defenses focus on him for a season. I personally don't believe Daniel Jones is a franchise QB. Miles Sanders was just a 2nd round QB in this years draft, you can pick anyone you want. 

But Darnold is going to be successful in this league for a long time. Pretty sure you can match Saquon's production with 2-3 RB's on a team. No brainer tbh

You mean we saw what happens when Saquon is hurt and when he runs behind a poor line? Miles Sanders? That made me giggle ngl.

How much has better than Darnold been better than Jones, if at all? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

You mean we saw what happens when Saquon is hurt and when he runs behind a poor line? Miles Sanders? That made me giggle ngl.

How much has better than Darnold been better than Jones, if at all? 

Saquon is top 3 most talented RB's in the league. Can't argue that. I just think the drop off between a top 3 RB and a top 25 RB is smaller than Darnold vs. Jones. That's the arguement.

I think once Gase is gone and they bring in a few more pieces we will see Darnold flourish. Look how good Tannehill looks not playing under Gase? I'm very high on Darnold is the crux of my argument and RB's production 1-20 isn't very discernible. 

17 hours ago, Nzd07 said:

Baker and Darnold were both strong QB prospects, worthy of top 3 picks considering positional value. I also would've taken Bradley Chubb over Barkley considering positional value. Ward and Nelson you could argue based off of positional needs.

Bottom line is that the running back does not impact an NFL team in the same vein that a quarterback or edge rusher does.

I know that but Baker and Darnold haven't proven to be worth their spot. At least Saquan is really good at what he does