Jump to content
upriser7

Was Saquon the right pick for Giants?

Was Saquon the right pick?  

110 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Was Saquon the right pick?


  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/31/2019 at 11:23 PM

Recommended Posts

8-22 so far with very little hope next year says Barkley was a pick that did not help the Giants to be a good football team.

He is a very good player though even if he is wasted on the Giants.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

8-22 so far with very little hope next year says Barkley was a pick that did not help the Giants to be a good football team.

He is a very good player though even if he is wasted on the Giants.

 

Thats because RBs dont matter :D;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know that but Baker and Darnold haven't proven to be worth their spot. At least Saquan is really good at what he does

True but QBs still progress lots once they're in the league for a few years. I haven't given up on either of them and would still easily take both of them over Daniel Jones if I was starting a team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

True but QBs still progress lots once they're in the league for a few years. I haven't given up on either of them and would still easily take both of them over Daniel Jones if I was starting a team.

Thats true but whether or not they progress is unknown just like Daniel Jones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thats true but whether or not they progress is unknown just like Daniel Jones

The whole point of my initial post is that Darnold and Mayfield were good QB prospects worthy of a top 3 pick in that draft.

I never even came close to thinking that about Jones.

Hypotheticals are just that, hypotheticals. We have not see enough of any of these guys to come to any sort of conclusion.

I will continue to hold the belief that if you have a B+/A- QB prospect and an A+ RB prospect you take the QB if the need is there. Every. Single. Time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

The whole point of my initial post is that Darnold and Mayfield were good QB prospects worthy of a top 3 pick in that draft.

I never even came close to thinking that about Jones.

Hypotheticals are just that, hypotheticals. We have not see enough of any of these guys to come to any sort of conclusion.

I will continue to hold the belief that if you have a B+/A- QB prospect and an A+ RB prospect you take the QB if the need is there. Every. Single. Time.

I’m fine with that, im just saying at least Barkley has lived up to that grade but the others haven’t 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2019 at 8:44 AM, BStanRamFan said:

Ofcourse he was the wrong pick. You take Darnold over Saquon. Then Miles Sanders in this years draft.

 

Sam Darnold/Miles Sanders>Saquon/Daniel Jones. 

Except NYG wouldn't have gotten any better with Darnold; he sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2019 at 1:51 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

I just don't think a RB is worth that high of pick. Saquon level of talent or not.

I think LDT was worth the 3rd overall and he wasn't the prospect Saquon was. Running backs help teams move from dumpster fires to playoff contenders. They aren't going to be the reason you win a championship but it sure does help having an elite back. Chargers have been off the rails pretty much since the end of LDT outside a few fluky seasons. That being said, I'd probably have taken Chubb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Saquon is top 3 most talented RB's in the league. Can't argue that. I just think the drop off between a top 3 RB and a top 25 RB is smaller than Darnold vs. Jones. That's the arguement.

I think once Gase is gone and they bring in a few more pieces we will see Darnold flourish. Look how good Tannehill looks not playing under Gase? I'm very high on Darnold is the crux of my argument and RB's production 1-20 isn't very discernible. 

Wait what?

Youre actually telling me that the gap between a Saquon and the 25th best RB in league is bigger than the gap between Sam Darnold and Daniel Jones? 
 

Am I actually reading this correctly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

Wait what?

Youre actually telling me that the gap between a Saquon and the 25th best RB in league is bigger than the gap between Sam Darnold and Daniel Jones? 
 

Am I actually reading this correctly?

No, you aren't reading it correctly.

"I just think the drop off between a top 3 RB and a top 25 RB is smaller than Darnold vs. Jones".

Hopefully this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

Wait what?

Youre actually telling me that the gap between a Saquon and the 25th best RB in league is bigger than the gap between Sam Darnold and Daniel Jones? 
 

Am I actually reading this correctly?

No, the opposite.  The gap between Saquon and 25th RB is smaller than the gap between Darnold and Jones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I’m fine with that, im just saying at least Barkley has lived up to that grade but the others haven’t 

Young QBs on bad teams are predisposed to struggle. Even the all-time greats. It's the nature of the beast. They've both shown serious flashes of being the franchise guy, and that's really all you could ask for considering the circumstances.

We really are spoiled watching Mahomes and Jackson be great pretty much immediately (who sat the majority of their rookie years, on great franchises). These things usually take time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

No, the opposite.  The gap between Saquon and 25th RB is smaller than the gap between Darnold and Jones.

You are out of your God damn mind if you seriously believe this. Darnold and Danny Dimes are literally the same mediocre quarterback.

Edited by Elky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Elky said:

You are out of your God damn mind if you seriously believe this. Darnold and Danny Dimes are literally the same mediocre quarterback.

lmao good talk man. Very valuable.

No. Darnold will be a franchise QB in this league for years to come. Dimes I don't know what he is, but I would take Darnold 10x out of 10 and twice on Sunday.

Once Darnold get's away from Gase, he will flourish. With 2 games left, Crowder will likely have career highs in every major category, and Robbie Anderson should never be anyone's #1 WR.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×