Was Saquon the right pick for Giants?

SotanKing

Was Saquon the right pick?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Was Saquon the right pick?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/31/2019 at 11:23 PM

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know that but Baker and Darnold haven't proven to be worth their spot. At least Saquan is really good at what he does

True but QBs still progress lots once they're in the league for a few years. I haven't given up on either of them and would still easily take both of them over Daniel Jones if I was starting a team.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thats true but whether or not they progress is unknown just like Daniel Jones

The whole point of my initial post is that Darnold and Mayfield were good QB prospects worthy of a top 3 pick in that draft.

I never even came close to thinking that about Jones.

Hypotheticals are just that, hypotheticals. We have not see enough of any of these guys to come to any sort of conclusion.

I will continue to hold the belief that if you have a B+/A- QB prospect and an A+ RB prospect you take the QB if the need is there. Every. Single. Time.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

The whole point of my initial post is that Darnold and Mayfield were good QB prospects worthy of a top 3 pick in that draft.

I never even came close to thinking that about Jones.

Hypotheticals are just that, hypotheticals. We have not see enough of any of these guys to come to any sort of conclusion.

I will continue to hold the belief that if you have a B+/A- QB prospect and an A+ RB prospect you take the QB if the need is there. Every. Single. Time.

I’m fine with that, im just saying at least Barkley has lived up to that grade but the others haven’t 

On 12/17/2019 at 8:44 AM, BStanRamFan said:

Ofcourse he was the wrong pick. You take Darnold over Saquon. Then Miles Sanders in this years draft.

Sam Darnold/Miles Sanders>Saquon/Daniel Jones. 

Except NYG wouldn't have gotten any better with Darnold; he sucks.

On 12/12/2019 at 1:51 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

I just don't think a RB is worth that high of pick. Saquon level of talent or not.

I think LDT was worth the 3rd overall and he wasn't the prospect Saquon was. Running backs help teams move from dumpster fires to playoff contenders. They aren't going to be the reason you win a championship but it sure does help having an elite back. Chargers have been off the rails pretty much since the end of LDT outside a few fluky seasons. That being said, I'd probably have taken Chubb.

20 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Saquon is top 3 most talented RB's in the league. Can't argue that. I just think the drop off between a top 3 RB and a top 25 RB is smaller than Darnold vs. Jones. That's the arguement.

I think once Gase is gone and they bring in a few more pieces we will see Darnold flourish. Look how good Tannehill looks not playing under Gase? I'm very high on Darnold is the crux of my argument and RB's production 1-20 isn't very discernible. 

Wait what?

Youre actually telling me that the gap between a Saquon and the 25th best RB in league is bigger than the gap between Sam Darnold and Daniel Jones? 

Am I actually reading this correctly?

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

Wait what?

Youre actually telling me that the gap between a Saquon and the 25th best RB in league is bigger than the gap between Sam Darnold and Daniel Jones? 

No, you aren't reading it correctly.

"I just think the drop off between a top 3 RB and a top 25 RB is smaller than Darnold vs. Jones".

Hopefully this helps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

Wait what?

No, the opposite.  The gap between Saquon and 25th RB is smaller than the gap between Darnold and Jones.

12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I’m fine with that, im just saying at least Barkley has lived up to that grade but the others haven’t 

Young QBs on bad teams are predisposed to struggle. Even the all-time greats. It's the nature of the beast. They've both shown serious flashes of being the franchise guy, and that's really all you could ask for considering the circumstances.

We really are spoiled watching Mahomes and Jackson be great pretty much immediately (who sat the majority of their rookie years, on great franchises). These things usually take time. 

4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

No, the opposite.  The gap between Saquon and 25th RB is smaller than the gap between Darnold and Jones.

You are out of your God damn mind if you seriously believe this. Darnold and Danny Dimes are literally the same mediocre quarterback.

Edited by Elky

55 minutes ago, Elky said:

You are out of your God damn mind if you seriously believe this. Darnold and Danny Dimes are literally the same mediocre quarterback.

lmao good talk man. Very valuable.

No. Darnold will be a franchise QB in this league for years to come. Dimes I don't know what he is, but I would take Darnold 10x out of 10 and twice on Sunday.

Once Darnold get's away from Gase, he will flourish. With 2 games left, Crowder will likely have career highs in every major category, and Robbie Anderson should never be anyone's #1 WR.