Was Saquon the right pick for Giants?

SotanKing

Was Saquon the right pick?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Was Saquon the right pick?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/31/2019 at 11:23 PM

56 minutes ago, BACK2MACKSACK said:

People also seem to forget the influence of Marshawn Lynch. Before Russell Wilson developed into the QB he is today, it was Beast Mode that gave their team the physical identity to devastate opponents on offense. I think people are devaluing the importance of the Running Back position due to the longevity. These guys are getting tackled 20-30 times a game which requires a certain amount of durability and stamina which is underrated. He didn't have much influence in the Superbowl Victory (which wasn't required because their defense pitched a perfect game) but he dominated NO and SF. And if they simply gave him the ball they would have repeated and maybe the Legion of Boom would not have disbanded. In today's league of pass happy offenses, passing the ball in a situation where your RB is dominating the game was a grave mistake that demoralized the franchise.

Even though people feel RBs aren't worth their second contract, their value is still very important when they are on the field.

Lynch was helped by Wilson just as much as Wilson was helped by Lynch

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BACK2MACKSACK said:

People also seem to forget the influence of Marshawn Lynch. Before Russell Wilson developed into the QB he is today, it was Beast Mode that gave their team the physical identity to devastate opponents on offense. I think people are devaluing the importance of the Running Back position due to the longevity. These guys are getting tackled 20-30 times a game which requires a certain amount of durability and stamina which is underrated. He didn't have much influence in the Superbowl Victory (which wasn't required because their defense pitched a perfect game) but he dominated NO and SF. And if they simply gave him the ball they would have repeated and maybe the Legion of Boom would not have disbanded. In today's league of pass happy offenses, passing the ball in a situation where your RB is dominating the game was a grave mistake that demoralized the franchise.

Even though people feel RBs aren't worth their second contract, their value is still very important when they are on the field.

you raise some good points here, BACK2. 

one of my reasons beyond ones cited why RB's have lost their value, is that when you fall behind, you drop the run game. So if your "go to" player is the RB, you're screwed. 

On 12/12/2019 at 8:45 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

EDIT: I suppose it comes down to whether you think the Giants would be better with Saquon + Daniel Jones, or Allen/Rosen/Darnold + (idk who would be a comp here). That's an interesting debate.

I agree with this, but I also think it's too early to answer because Jones hasn't even played a full season yet. We'll need more data.

Barkley + ANYONE isn't a bad situation, but we'll see whether Jones tanks or elevate it over the coming years

Any pick would have looked liked the wrong pick, at least at this point in time; the Giants are awful on both sides of the ball and both sides of the sidelines.

I think a better question is, where should Saquon have been picked? Seems like most people in this thread wouldn't even take him in the first round.