Xbox Series X

showtime

1 hour ago, RavensfanRD said:

Not a fan of Xbox, but that's a solid spec sheet for $300. Especially if you game on a monitor, 1440p, in my opinion is the sweet spot. But with these new Nvidia card, 4K may now be "Da wey".

Yeah it's a nice price point for all that, feel like my dad would probably be fine with this.

He only really plays WW2 games and the occasional Assassin's Creed or 3rd person action game.
He sees the difference with 1440p and 4k, but i don't think he really cares.

Honestly in a couple years when this dips to $200 I might pick it up and put it on my bedroom TV.
Might cut down on the amount of nights I pass out on the couch gaming haha.

10 minutes ago, showtime said:

This is a massive statement.  $299 for a next gen console is pretty absurd, especially with all the prices being thrown around the last several months.  What if this means the Series X is $399.  That's would be insane.

Right now the rumor is $499, but I could see them cutting that down to be below the standard price on the PS5. Like if the diskless PS5 is $449, just match it. $399 would be insane...but would be a helluva move to get people back.

But that’d require Sony to announce their price, which you have to wonder if this leak/announcement was meant to instigate.

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Right now the rumor is $499, but I could see them cutting that down to be below the standard price on the PS5. Like if the diskless PS5 is $449, just match it. $399 would be insane...but would be a helluva move to get people back.

But that’d require Sony to announce their price, which you have to wonder if this leak/announcement was meant to instigate.

The only thing is, if the Series S is $299 and the Series X is $499, that seems like a really huge jump in price.  It kind of feels like because the Series S is $299 the Series X should be $399.

32 minutes ago, showtime said:

This is a massive statement.  $299 for a next gen console is pretty absurd, especially with all the prices being thrown around the last several months.  What if this means the Series X is $399.  That's would be insane.

I doubt the Series X will be 399, probably 499. 

Microsoft is taking a two pronged approach. A console for those looking to get the best deal (Series S), and a Console for those looking for the best power, and don't really care about price too much (Series X). 

I expect PS5 to come in now at $449, and $399 (digital) 

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah it's a nice price point for all that, feel like my dad would probably be fine with this.

He only really plays WW2 games and the occasional Assassin's Creed or 3rd person action game.
He sees the difference with 1440p and 4k, but i don't think he really cares.

Honestly in a couple years when this dips to $200 I might pick it up and put it on my bedroom TV.
Might cut down on the amount of nights I pass out on the couch gaming haha.

Oh yeah, your pops will be fine then. And if you're able to grab the Series S at $200 that's even better. (Might be that price or $250 on a black friday deal in a year) There is no point in me owning an Xbox since all their offerings are able to be had on PC.  #LongLiveMasterRace

1 hour ago, showtime said:

The only thing is, if the Series S is $299 and the Series X is $499, that seems like a really huge jump in price.  It kind of feels like because the Series S is $299 the Series X should be $399.

I don't know if the price should drop significantly since the S series has a seriously cut down GPU. And also since the Series X technically is the more 'powerful' console between that and PS5. And lastly, I think $500 is the sweet spot because of Sony being so quiet, I'm starting to think the PS5 gonna be a cool $550 or $600 because of their memory controller and I/O stuff that the industry is going nuts about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Apparently, tomorrow is Sony's 25th anniversary of launching in North America (or something like that) so there are rumors of a surprise announcement/event.  We'll see about that.

Possible but Sony was waiting for microsoft to drop their price so they can undercut them.

PS5 Gonna be $200 and sony just gonna eat the costs or match the series S IMO. Or just go for the middle ground and shoot for the PS4 launch price of $399.

On 2/24/2020 at 5:55 PM, Danger said:

Wanna bet they have two consoles at launch?

Or at least a cheaper console is revealed before the release of Series X*

On 2/24/2020 at 6:01 PM, Xmad said:

Sure, whatcha wanna bet? 
I'll bet on neither of those coming to fruition. 

On 2/24/2020 at 6:03 PM, Danger said:

Sig bet until the Super Bowl?

On 2/24/2020 at 6:07 PM, Xmad said:

Alright I'll agree to that. 

Gimme a sig and I'll slap it in. 

My only condition is it has to be forum friendly lol.

Great deal for XBox..especially with the $25/35 per month, no interest finance option they have going.

Still, until XBox can show me some exclusives...PS5 is my choice.   

Wont be buying it for awhile though, since I have a backlog of games to play....so maybe Microsoft will surprise in the meantime.