Xbox Series X

showtime

3 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

it really needs to be less than 6" x 12", otherwise it won't fit in most home entertainment shelves.

Isn't it that if what I posted is true?

It's about five inches tall and 12 inches long, when laid on it's said according to measurements from Digital Foundry.

23 minutes ago, showtime said:

People are speculating the new Xbox Series X is roughly a foot tall and about five inches wide. It can be laid horizontally as well.

I doubt it can be laid horizontally given it's basically a PC tower and generally cooling is on the sides. 

3 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I doubt it can be laid horizontally given it's basically a PC tower and generally cooling is on the sides. 

I thought they already confirmed it could be laid horizontally. 

EDIT:  according to Xbox head Phil Spencer, Microsoft “designed Xbox Series X to support both vertical and horizontal orientation.”

https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2019/12/12/21019925/xbox-series-x-microsoft-horizontal-orientation-tv-space-vertical-design

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

EDIT:  according to Xbox head Phil Spencer, Microsoft “designed Xbox Series X to support both vertical and horizontal orientation.”

https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2019/12/12/21019925/xbox-series-x-microsoft-horizontal-orientation-tv-space-vertical-design

I mean yeah you could also buy a vertical stand for the PS2.

But it's clearly designed to be stood up, granted the cooling vents look like they're on the top but that's from a render in the trailer not an actual model so who knows. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, showtime said:

I'd still speculate until further notice that it's going to cool quite a bit less effectively on it's side due to y'know, heat rising.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

I have a feeling this thing is going to be very loud. Not at all surprising though considering it's becoming pretty normal for consoles to run loud...the PS4 pro sounds like a damn jet engine under heavy loads.

Usually they'll only run loud for short periods of time. Upon boot or if the game becomes unstable and overloaded. I have to imagine with the natural ventilation this thing has that they have plans to make it similarly only loud when absolutely necessary, which shouldn't be too often.

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, showtime said:

This type of mindset is weird to me.  You already saying pass even though you know nothing about the game or what the game play is like? 

Superman just doesn't interest me in the slightest at all. Something can be objectively good, but if it's based off something I subjectively dislike it can still be not entertaining to me.

• 5 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, showtime said:

p1IIMY7.jpg

Will be interesting if the Xbox one X is the more powerful unit or if Sony will launch with the more powerful and cheaper console like last gen.

My guess is Sony will be cheaper+have a better year 1 but Xbox will be more powerful.