Xbox Series X

showtime

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Got it in the mail today! Thankfully almost done with Christmas shopping, as long as I can restrain the wife from going overboard.

Nice, just in time to take advantage of some of the game sales.

GotG so far has been a nice visual showpiece. 

10 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Got a Series S. Because honestly, I didn't see the point for a Series X.

I prefer to have the game disk where possible, plus it saves on some storage issues. Has to be a seagate xbox branded external SSD to expand is what i've been told.

21 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I prefer to have the game disk where possible, plus it saves on some storage issues. Has to be a seagate xbox branded external SSD to expand is what i've been told.

I rarely play Xbox, but when I do, it's Halo with the friends. And I mainly use it as a media box and that's exactly what it's prime directive will be.

On 12/1/2021 at 11:18 AM, scar988 said:

Got a Series S. Because honestly, I didn't see the point for a Series X.

Wise man. For a light gamer with no 4K TV, Series S makes the most sense. I just use Gamepass every now and then. 

I may get a PS5 eventually and will have both consoles. 

On 12/1/2021 at 2:30 PM, THE DUKE said:

If it’s not a next gen updated game or next gen exclusive, you can play all the Xbox One, 360 and OG Xbox games off a regular hard drive.

Can use them for long term storage of next gen games too if you don’t want to delete anything.

I have a 4 TB dare drive I use for all of that. 

4 hours ago, Danger said:

The Series S is going to be woefully underpowered in 2-3 years IMO.

If it’s only aiming at 1080 though it has slightly longer legs.

It is a bit of a compromise for it being that cheap though. For most people though it’s probably fine.

41 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It is a bit of a compromise for it being that cheap though. For most people though it’s probably fine.

Id say for the vast majority its fine. But for "true gamers" its a little weak. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Id say for the vast majority its fine. But for "true gamers" its a little weak. 

Yeah if you’re someone who suffers from fomo or are going to be upset if your version of a game doesn’t have a feature…I wouldn’t get The Series S.

If you just want to just play games and have a box that can get you all the Gamepass and next gen games easily, it’ll be fine

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

1080 looks really bad when I'm playing on a 50 inch 4k TV.

A 20-30 monitor? Eh maybe.

7 hours ago, Danger said:

1080 looks really bad when I'm playing on a 50 inch 4k TV.

A 20-30 monitor? Eh maybe.

Yeah if you have a 4k tv there is no point. It has upscaling to help handle it but never going to be better than just natively running those higher textures 

37 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah if you have a 4k tv there is no point. It has upscaling to help handle it but never going to be better than just natively running those higher textures 

Does the series s run at 120 FPS? I have a series X in my living room on an hdmi 2.1 tv and a Xbox one S in my bedroom. Recently my girlfriend was watching tv in the living room so I tried playing Halo in the bedroom. I can honestly say I can never go back from 120.