Xbox Series X

showtime

1 hour ago, Danger said:

PS3, and the Xbox One Launch Version, were both much much worse than the PS4. The PS4 UI is just incredibly slow and the need to copy update files is painfully slow making updates take 3x as long as they should. Though the UI is quicker on the PS4 Pro.

I forgot about the 360 that had the RROD. That was the worst be default because it would just die. I had to trade 2 in, and never had a console die on me unless it was ancient.

PS4 also had the worst controller because I had to buy thumb grips accessories to use properly, and it has a terrible battery life that you can't do anything about because the battery is built in. The interface like you said is unacceptably slow. The console also had the worst physical design ever, to the point that companies released dust fillers for parts that were hard to clean.

6 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

There's nothing shown in hype videos that will reflect the final gameplay. Even if it's technically using the in game engine, it's either running on a PC that is more powerful than the console or it's a doctored video of gameplay.

When they tell me captured in engine then thats what I'll believe until they show otherwise. Clearly parts of that trailer were CGI but parts could have been in game. Like when theyre walking up to the big monster and the totem. This console is suppose to be 4x more powerful than the Xbox X which looks beautiful while gaming in 4k. I dont think its too far fetched to think the next gen wont look that good 

7 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

When they tell me captured in engine then thats what I'll believe until they show otherwise. Clearly parts of that trailer were CGI but parts could have been in game. Like when theyre walking up to the big monster and the totem. This console is suppose to be 4x more powerful than the Xbox X which looks beautiful while gaming in 4k. I dont think its too far fetched to think the next gen wont look that good 

I run RDR2 at 1440p on a computer that costs a lot more than the new consoles will, and it hover between 60-80 FPS, sometimes falls below 60. You do the math.

General rule here is to take a "I'll believe it when I actually play it" approach. You won't find many announcement or other hype vids that looks anything like the final product, if any at all really.

Edited by Mossburg

7 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

I run RDR2 at 1440p on a computer that costs a lot more than the new consoles will, and it hover between 60-80 FPS, sometimes falls below 60. You do the math.

General rule here is to take a "I'll believe it when I actually play it" approach. You won't find many announcement or other hype vids that looks anything like the final product, if any at all really.

Im well aware. I have a high end gaming PC as well. Im an optimistic. PC games also have **** optimization. 

29 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

That's not correct.  This console is roughly 2x more power than the Xbox One X.  I think the original Xbox One had about 1.5 teraflops.  The Xbox One X has 6 taraflops.  The Xbox Series X has 12 teraflops.

Also, that entire trailer last night had no actual game play in it.

15 minutes ago, showtime said:

That's not correct.  This console is roughly 2x more power than the Xbox One X.  I think the original Xbox One had about 1.5 teraflops.  The Xbox One X has 6 taraflops.  The Xbox Series X has 12 teraflops.

Also, that entire trailer last night had no actual game play in it.

Theres multiple articles saying its 4x more powerful than the Xbox X

https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/12/21016575/microsoft-xbox-series-x-next-xbox-console

Microsoft’s Xbox chief, Phil Spencer, promises that it will “deliver four times the processing power of Xbox One X in the most quiet and efficient way.”

The Xbox Series X will include a custom-designed CPU based on AMD’s Zen 2 and Radeon RDNA architecture. Microsoft is also using an NVMe SSD on Xbox Series X, which promises to boost load times. Xbox Series X will also support 8K gaming, frame rates of up to 120 fps in games, ray tracing, and variable refresh rate support.

@Knowledge Four times the processing power / four times more powerful.  I'm not sure if that's the same thing, but I understand what you mean more clearly.  My apologies if I'm the one that's incorrect here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, showtime said:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/12/21016575/microsoft-xbox-series-x-next-xbox-console

Microsoft’s Xbox chief, Phil Spencer, promises that it will “deliver four times the processing power of Xbox One X in the most quiet and efficient way.”

The Xbox Series X will include a custom-designed CPU based on AMD’s Zen 2 and Radeon RDNA architecture. Microsoft is also using an NVMe SSD on Xbox Series X, which promises to boost load times. Xbox Series X will also support 8K gaming, frame rates of up to 120 fps in games, ray tracing, and variable refresh rate support.

@Knowledge Four times the processing power / four times more powerful.  I'm not sure if that's the same thing, but I understand what you mean more clearly.  My apologies if I'm the one that's incorrect here.

no worries bro just stating what I have heard and read. 4x more powerful could mean many things 

• Like 1

All it really needs to do is manage 60fps while looking that good, while PC players might love to brag about their 120fps ultra high end gaming rigs for a console aiming for anything over 60fps is pointless because the VAST majority of console players are playing on TVs that don't support anything over 60fps anyway.

If the series X and PS5 can pull off the kind of graphical performance that hellblade trailer showed at 60fps it's a win for them and they've accomplished all they need to in terms of performance.

Edited by rob_shadows

1 minute ago, rob_shadows said:

All it really needs to do is manage 60fps while looking that good, while PC players might love to brag about their 120fps ultra high end gaming rigs for a console aiming for anything over 60fps is pointless because the VAST majority of console players are playing on TVs that don't support anything over 60fps anyway.

Is the series X and PS5 can pull off the kind of graphical performance that hellblade trailer showed at 60fps it's a win for them and they've accomplished all they need to in terms of performance.

I think 120 FPS is a pretty big deal, especially for FPS games.  Like you said, you need a monitor that can support 120hz, but those are insanely cheap nowadays and becoming more common.  120 FPS is much more important to me than 8K gaming.

Just now, showtime said:

I think 120 FPS is a pretty big deal, especially for FPS games.  Like you said, you need a monitor that can support 120hz, but those are insanely cheap nowadays and becoming more common.  120 FPS is much more important to me than 8K gaming.

I think at this rate 1080p 120 FPS is almost a guarantee for these next gen consoles. If not its a huge let down 

Just now, showtime said:

That's my point though, the majority of console gamers don't buy gaming monitors for consoles, they use TVs... Typically the biggest one they afford... And while we are starting to see more big screens supporting higher refresh rates it still isn't common enough for it to be a main priority for Microsoft and Sony to get the consoles running above 60fps. 

• Like 1