Xbox Series X

showtime

Thing is. Microsoft doesn't care which system you buy the games on whether it be Xbox Series X, Xbox One (X), or even PC. The money to be made isn't in the console itself, hence why they're leaving generational exclusivity for a couple of years. They're giving their players time to upgrade when they feel more ready to do so.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Alright guys, pretty much everything about this console has been made public now except for the price.  They've allowed people full access to the console.  In a video I'll link down below, Digital Foundry was invited to Washington and they got to completely take apart the console and check everything out.

ETOrDTxXgAI9dB_?format=jpg

• Like 1

ngl this looks awesome.

The price and expandable storage are my biggest question marks right now, how much are they, will the drives be less than half the price of the console? Waiting on you Sony to announce your price.  I also love you can still use a USB HDD/External HDD for older games. That was super smart of them.

Xbox looks like the console to get so far this gen and that's gonna be interesting because Sony has been the console to get for like the past 3 gens. PS3 at launch wasn't great but it was a cheap-ish blu ray player at launch so eh. 

I'm also like 90% sure that second console is dead in the water if they did a full reveal of the X but haven't announced that yet. 

Will also be curious to see if it launches this year due to the "T-Virus" delaying manufacturing for quite a bit and international trade looking like it's gonna be hit hard for the next few months. 

Now we wait for Sony to somehow show up Microsoft despite Microsoft somehow throwing everything out there and actually looking very good. 

3 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

ngl this looks awesome.

The price and expandable storage are my biggest question marks right now, how much are they, will the drives be less than half the price of the console? Waiting on you Sony to announce your price.  I also love you can still use a USB HDD/External HDD for older games. That was super smart of them.

Xbox looks like the console to get so far this gen and that's gonna be interesting because Sony has been the console to get for like the past 3 gens. PS3 at launch wasn't great but it was a cheap-ish blu ray player at launch so eh. 

I'm also like 90% sure that second console is dead in the water if they did a full reveal of the X but haven't announced that yet. 

Will also be curious to see if it launches this year due to the "T-Virus" delaying manufacturing for quite a bit and international trade looking like it's gonna be hit hard for the next few months. 

Now we wait for Sony to somehow show up Microsoft despite Microsoft somehow throwing everything out there and actually looking very good. 

While its looking good, until Microsoft can get remotely close to the quality of exclusives Sony has,  I dont think it will be the console to own.  

I think this will bridge the gap a bit, but Sony's dominance and commitment to high quality exclusives and single player games will keep them ahead, even if just by a little.

But yes, Sony needs to start releasing info soon.

• Like 1

Sony's exclusives will be moving to PC eventually over the years, just like Microsoft has already done.  They've already lost exclusive rights to MLB The Show in the future and Horizon Zero Dawn is already confirmed for PC launch this summer with more PS exclusives following suit.

Also, this gen PS4 clearly outclassed the Xbox One, but the gen before that was the opposite.  The Xbox 360 was a better console than the PS3 in so many ways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

While its looking good, until Microsoft can get remotely close to the quality of exclusives Sony has,  I dont think it will be the console to own.  

I think this will bridge the gap a bit, but Sony's dominance and commitment to high quality exclusives and single player games will keep them ahead, even if just by a little.

But yes, Sony needs to start releasing info soon.

Yep. 

43 minutes ago, showtime said:

Sony's exclusives will be moving to PC eventually over the years, just like Microsoft has already done.  They've already lost exclusive rights to MLB The Show in the future and Horizon Zero Dawn is already confirmed for PC launch this summer with more PS exclusives following suit.

Also, this gen PS4 clearly outclassed the Xbox One, but the gen before that was the opposite.  The Xbox 360 was a better console than the PS3 in so many ways.

I think it will depend on the exclusive tbh, multiplayer games and maybe single player games after like 3-4 years will come to P.C I don't think they'll be a PC/PS4/PS5 simlrelease like Xbox has been doing. 

The Xbox 360 was better from a hardware standpoint and port standpoint, but uh.......the Kinect/Hardware issues/focus on the games for the kinect kinda ruined the last half of the Xbox 360 and the hardware issues alone are just yikes.

I think all the last gen consoles have issues and the PS3 is the best of the bunch if only because the early models played PS2 /PS1games. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, showtime said:

Some of the exclusives may eventually end up on PC, but most of the top exclusives wont be for some time.   Most gamers arent going to want to wait 3 years or more to play an amazing PS5 exclusive.   Word is, Sony is also trying to get the exclusive rights to Konami games like Metal Gear and Castlevania.

Sony isnt really losing exclusive rights to MLB The Show.  They are just choosing to release it on multiple platforms.   For sports games, that actually makes more sense.

However, the more notable exclusives will still remain exclusive for at least a few years before there is a PC port.

I agree, 360, in ways, was better.  

Games are what matter to me though, and Sony has always offered far better titles for my personal preference...and there is nothing to suggest that is going to change going into next gen.  

I would love to see Microsoft come out with better exclusives, but they dont seem to care about that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, showtime said:

Just a slight correction. They didn't "lose" the exclusive rights to the show.. It's produced by a Sony studio. The decision to release it in other platforms was their own choice.

It's about money.  Sony is losing a ton of money in digital sales by having their games 'exclusive' to the PS4 only.  They've seen this with Microsoft and how much of a hit putting their games on PC has been.  Here is an example.

According to the Steam Charts data, Halo: The Master Chief Collection has surpassed the one million mark in digital copies sold, with the game reaching this milestone in just two days of its release.

Then there's Gamepass, Gears of War and all other Xbox exclusive games that are now on PC.  Believe me, Sony sees this and wants in.  When Horizon Zero Dawn sells like hot cakes on the PC, more games will 100% come to PC.  It's just a ton of revenue that Sony is missing out on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, showtime said:

It's about money.  Sony is losing a ton of money in digital sales by having their games 'exclusive' to the PS4 only.  They've seen this with Microsoft and how much of a hit putting their games on PC has been.  Here is an example.

According to the Steam Charts data, Halo: The Master Chief Collection has surpassed the one million mark in digital copies sold, with the game reaching this milestone in just two days of its release.

Then there's Gamepass, Gears of War and all other Xbox exclusive games that are now on PC.  Believe me, Sony sees this and wants in.  When Horizon Zero Dawn sells like hot cakes on the PC, more games will 100% come to PC.  It's just a ton of revenue that Sony is missing out on.

It's also been going on for a hot minute with former PS exclusives (Detroit become human, and other games by David Cage's studio etc.) Journey all coming to PC. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 10:31 AM, Danger said:

Thing is. Microsoft doesn't care which system you buy the games on whether it be Xbox Series X, Xbox One (X), or even PC. The money to be made isn't in the console itself, hence why they're leaving generational exclusivity for a couple of years. They're giving their players time to upgrade when they feel more ready to do so.

it's awesome, I love how pro-consumer Phil has made the Xbox division since he got in charge.

I doubt Back-Compat, cross play, letting games come to other platforms (Halo, Cuphead, Etc), or making Gamepass ever happens under the last regime

Phil said in some IGN interviews that the hardware is on track for Fall still, they won’t do regional releases.

Software could be delayed though, won’t force teams to get the games out if they need more time.

Pricepoint and preorders coming later in the summer. Likely do to them knowing just how many they will have, and he essentially alluded to them matching PS5’s price, even at a larger loss.