Xbox Series X

showtime

3 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

Yeah, those games are definitely all ones we need to keep our eyes on. They could make or break Microsoft next generation.

Those are all fantastic exclusives for Sony, but for me personally, I'd be really disappointed if that was the bulk of their lineup. One of the things Sony has done well over Microsoft is constantly innovate with new, single player IPs. I think if they want to continue their success, it's important they keep that trend going. If they get content and all we see is Spiderman 2, new God of War, new Uncharted, new HZD, etc. it would be really disappointing.

Yeah I hope they go with new ones too. Hoping Microsoft lets some of these teams experiment more too. Like give Gears a break and do something else. 

But the allure for Sony is probably too great for that to not be the bulk of their lineup at start of the gen. Right now it’s the lone ace they have up their sleeve that will keep user base on board the transition.
I’m certainly in that camp, so far it doesn’t seem like I need to buy a PS5 this year or next. But I’ll get one to play the follow-up to god of war.

Wonder what Naughty Dog does next, never loved their games but always appreciate the work they put into them.

• Like 1

The PS5 Logo. 

maxresdefault.jpg

EXYWGq_UMAE14jh?format=jpg&name=small

Both look kinda eh.

Like the PS5 logo is basically the old PS3/PS4 logo slapped with with a 5. 

The Series X logo could be literally any god damn thing called the series X. We know it's Xbox but to most people it could be the Iphone series X. 

tjfwyfk8g5dphn7nbayunnvogynzaw409gary3xj

Nintendo on the other hand.

It's night and day to the WiiU. 

Easily the best video game logo out there right now. 

10 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

That was awful.

some fun international games, Yakuza was nice to see. Medium looked interesting.
But yeah just lacked the meat everyone expected. Was hard to tell what exactly the gameplay in that AC bit was.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

some fun international games, Yakuza was nice to see.
But yeah just lacked the meat everyone expected. Was hard to tell what exactly the gameplay in that AC bit was.

I didn't see any gameplay, looked like straight cut scenes to me

2 minutes ago, jyod21 said:

I don't know what kind of graphical jump I was expecting, but this all feels really underwhelming.  Madden giving you the upgraded Madden for free also makes it sound like its just going to be Madden 25, all over again.  

Can't wait to see games purely developed for next gen. Just like the transition in 2013, games are gonna be held back a bit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

I didn't see any gameplay, looked like straight cut scenes to me

some of it was like cinematic angles on gameplay from what I could tell.
But it was all mixed in. That or it really does look like cinematics now.

Edit: Actually yeah I think the only stuff that wasn't gameplay was the closeups of him brooding and the Raven flying over the sea.
You can tell in the fire animations and lighting a lot of that is supposed to be gameplay.

I guess I was expecting some AAA 3rd party games being shown off. Instead it feels like we got a bunch of borderline indie games that didn't even look that great outside of maybe one or two. Plus, only 30 minutes? I don't know, just felt really weak overall. I'm not saying this is indicative of the console overall, but bad first showing from Microsoft. Lowers my confidence in them knowing what people want and delivering in their exclusives come July. The ball is definitely in Sony's court.

• Like 1

That was pretty lackluster. I was a 360 guy then PS4 because all my friends switched. 

Still waiting to see if PS5 announces free game upgrades from PS4 to 5 like Xbox has, but nothing has been leading me (or the people I play with) to make the switch back to Xbox so far