Xbox Series X

showtime

6 hours ago, 43M said:

Youll never see major Sony exclusives go straight to PC.  Ever.   They arent going to hand Microsoft that type of advantage. 

The biggest exclusives likely will not make it to PC for 3 years.  2 at the earliest.   

They'll put them on steam and never on the microsoft store so it gives microsoft no benefit.

Microsoft sees 0 money unless it's on a microsoft store front. 

16 hours ago, Xmad said:

They'll put them on steam and never on the microsoft store so it gives microsoft no benefit.

Microsoft sees 0 money unless it's on a microsoft store front. 

That's not the train of thought. If people can get PS4 exclusives within a fair timeframe, then why buy a PS4 at all when you can just have the best of both worlds on a PC? Then that means no 3rd party titles are really bought on PS4 at that point. 

As PC gaming continues to take a bigger and bigger market share, Sony would be silly not to release their games on PC. I suspect that throughout next gen, most PS5 exclusives will make there way to PC within the first year. The only exception will be games that take full advantage of the SSD and thus won't be capable of being played on a standard PC (at least without significant changes). A one year gap still entices people to buy a PS5, but also keeps the games relevant in the eyes of consumers.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Danger said:

There's the xbox shoe that dropped.

No major first party game on release day. 

No exclusives that you can't get on P.C ( A good but also kinda bad move) 

Don't get me wrong Xbox is doing so much better compared to last gen when they literally could not have done worse.

Plus delaying a game is always a good thing except for the developers who have more crunch time but like ehhhhh they'll survive or hopefully get good enough benefits from microsoft to afford video game rehab.

1 hour ago, Xmad said:

There's the xbox shoe that dropped.

No major first party game on release day. 

No exclusives that you can't get on P.C ( A good but also kinda bad move) 

Don't get me wrong Xbox is doing so much better compared to last gen when they literally could not have done worse.

Plus delaying a game is always a good thing except for the developers who have more crunch time but like ehhhhh they'll survive or hopefully get good enough benefits from microsoft to afford video game rehab.

tenor.gif?itemid=9327086

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvsLLqJIgcqh74IMMw2Ty

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Danger said:

Sucks, but it's the right thing to do. Just get it right.
Honestly I wonder if there will be some big shakeups post launch, 343 has struggled with the franchise.
Though I guess to be fair so did Bungie on the development side, but the end product was great there.
Maybe even just letting them make a second team and make another IP could help potentially.

COVID seems to have really screwed Xbox's plans hard.
Rumors they were going to drop the box and Halo late September. Now the box is coming November and Halo is TDB 2021.
These ok showcases instead of one giant E3 show. Just has been kinda ok. They aren't alone in this it just sucks to see this launch get dragged down too.

Grand scheme of things it could be better for Halo, get it to the graphics showcase people want. Get it away from the big fall games and let it breathe on its own in May 2021.

The only thing worse for Microsoft than delaying Halo would have been Microsoft releasing a bad Halo. Not a great way to launch the X without any huge exclusives, but I honestly wonder who was excited for Halo besides huge Xbox fans to begin with. Seems like everyone who would have bought an Xbox day one for Halo will probably be buying the Xbox regardless.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

The only thing worse for Microsoft than delaying Halo would have been Microsoft releasing a bad Halo. Not a great way to launch the X without any huge exclusives, but I honestly wonder who was excited for Halo besides huge Xbox fans to begin with. Seems like everyone who would have bought an Xbox day one for Halo will probably be buying the Xbox regardless.

Yeah a bad release would kill the franchise. 

I think Halo still gets a buzz, all FPS hit a certain vein of the core gamer that other genres simply don’t. But it’s waning for sure.

I think the way this game is shaping up it clear they see that there is a big group of young gamers who never had a great halo game. And they need to get their claws into them to keep the franchise going.
Like they’ll get the 25+ crowd with the nostalgia and open world, but they want to get people into the multiplayer with as little barrier as possible. That’s why they made it free to play and betting so hard on xCloud and Gamepass. I think a big thing will be it launching on the PC too, it’s potential to get players is pretty high.

They’ll do ranked mp, which will be toward the older FPS and the esport crowds to start. Then the inevitable Halo Royale some point. If there was ever a franchise/sandbox that fit Battle Royale, it’s Halo. If they can get people into those they’ll be good.

This definitely hurts but it’s just a launch. They rarely are blow outs, I think that people basically getting the full launch lineup at no additional cost mitigates some of the negative effects.

Remains to be seen exactly which games those are. Right now some confirmed/assumed are Yakuza, Tetris Effect, The Medium, that Remedy Crossfire campaign, Gears Tactics, Scorn, The Ascent, that dontnod game, Destiny 2 (All expansions including the new one) + some other AA to indie games potentially being launch games too.

With Cyberpunk, Assassin’s Creed, COD. (Unless Sony buys an exclusive window), the sports games and other 3rd party obviously being there too with upgrades outside of Gamepass.

There have been far worse launch lineups if for for no reason other than most other gens didn’t have all of the previous gen coming over + all the back compat Xbox and 360  games. It’s just not really the same anymore where you buy a console then have to buy at least one of the 7-10 games you could play at launch 

Interested to see how they try to up the allure this fall, apparently a couple more things coming. Specifically for Gamepass. Could use the help.

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

There have been far worse launch lineups if for for no reason other than most other gens didn’t have all of the previous gen coming over + all the back compat Xbox and 360  games. It’s just not really the same anymore where you buy a console then have to buy at least one of the 7-10 games you could play at launch 

The PS4/Xbox One launch was one of the worst linesups/launches in gaming history IIRC. There were literally like 6 games available at launch 😂

But yeah, this launch will have plenty of games to pick from, and at the very least, everyone will get to enjoy aspects of the brand new hardware such as the SSD regardless of any particular game.

6 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

The PS4/Xbox One launch was one of the worst linesups/launches in gaming history IIRC. There were literally like 6 games available at launch 😂

But yeah, this launch will have plenty of games to pick from, and at the very least, everyone will get to enjoy aspects of the brand new hardware such as the SSD regardless of any particular game.

Knack_(game_box_art).jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

Ha yeah I looked at them both and was like “oh ok this is actually pretty ok offerings” when you compare them. Best game was Black Flag which hit both.

The tech upgrade is really the big reason I see to get either this year. Cause they both will inherently make the games better. Whether that be next gen versions with new features, faster frames per second, slightly higher resolution...they’ll both be the cheapest way to play stuff coming out at that high level. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The Xbox Series S has leaked (most likely), suggested retail price at $299.
https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-s-leaked-render-reveals-console-design-and-299-price

Another report says November 10th, Series X $499, Series S $299
https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-and-xbox-series-s-release-date-and-price-finally-revealed

We can confirm via our sources that the entry-level Xbox Series S will cost $299 at retail, with a $25 per month Xbox All Access financing option, which Microsoft is planning to push hard via various retailers and a large global rollout. The more powerful Xbox Series X will cost $499, with a $35 per month Xbox All Access financing option.

Both consoles will launch on November 10, 2020.

Edit: Now official

For those wondering what the Series S is, leaks have pointed that it has mostly the same architecture and an SSD, just targets 1080p screens
rather than 4K+ like they are making the Series X for.