Xbox Series X

showtime

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I bought a 4K TV like 5 years ago when they first came out and I believe it doesn't have dynamic HDR.  Will I notice much of a different in the Series X if I don't have an updated TV?

Not looking to buy both at the same time, although I may check out Black Friday deals on the TVs.

is it native 120 Hz? I think that is going to make a much bigger difference for gaming than HDR.

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I bought a 4K TV like 5 years ago when they first came out and I believe it doesn't have dynamic HDR.  Will I notice much of a different in the Series X if I don't have an updated TV?

Not looking to buy both at the same time, although I may check out Black Friday deals on the TVs.

I'd go through your settings and check HDMI ports, a lot of times that stuff is off or only one port does it. Just to be sure.

There is a ton of tech inside the Series X that's more high end / future facing, You want features like 120Hz which @Heimdallr mentioned for your display.
I don't think a lot of people will have displays that take advantage of everything right now. 

27 minutes ago, Danger said:

What I want to see is a side by side physical profile comparison of the Series S with the PS5/PS5Digi 

A rough mockup (used the disk drives to scale)
The PS5 could be a smidge smaller, but dont think the disk drive slot is 1:1 with the disk size. There is some space on either side of the X's that channels the disk in.

N6cHz2h.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

The other thing to look at is if your TV has HDMI 2.1 to support HDCP 2.2 and 4k@60 output. If your TV is more than 1-2 year old, it won't. 

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

it'll be interesting to see what the difference in fan noise is. bigger case = less noise.

the PS4 is notoriously obnoxuously loud. I don't think the PS5 is bigger because of the case, it's because just a bigger console, there probably isn't a whole lot of empty space in the PS5, it's just big. It'll be quieter than the PS4, but that's setting the bar low.

5 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

is it native 120 Hz? I think that is going to make a much bigger difference for gaming than HDR.

On the back of the TV I see 50/60 Hz

If I don't update my TV is it pointless to update my XBOX at the moment? Especially since all I really want is Halo. EDIT: I'll most likely be getting Destiny 2 and AC Valhalla though.

Edited by jetsfan4life51