showtime

Xbox Series X

I posted this in the other thread, but I'll post here as well because the discussion is also here:

Here's what I think happens in the long term.  Those games like future Doom, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, etc. will be on Playstation consoles with a catch.  Game Pass will be on Playstation consoles, and if you want to play those games, you have to subscribe to Game Pass.  This way everyone wins.... Playstation users can play those games and Microsoft gets a financial cut of every Playstation user who is playing those games + they get Playstation users into the Game Pass ecosystem.

Also, Xbox Series S/X pre-orders begin tomorrow (9/22) at 11am est time, I believe.

If you're interested in ordering, create an account and save your payment information with your retailer(s) of choice right now, so you can finailize your pre-order quickly.

• Like 1

Never dealt with XBox before. This Game Pass. When you pick a game. Do you own it? Or is it just a rental that can vanish? Say if Sony bought the franchise you were playing or stopping subscription.

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

Never dealt with XBox before. This Game Pass. When you pick a game. Do you own it? Or is it just a rental that can vanish? Say if Sony bought the franchise you were playing or stopping subscription.

The way Game Pass works is this:  As long as you have a subscription to Game Pass you have unlimited use of any game on the service.  Literally think of it like Netflix, except instead of streaming a game, you download it to your console's hard drive.

Game Pass itself is always expanding.  There are so many games on there.... and not just really old games, but there are tons of brand new games that have released in 2019 and 2020.  Some games even appear on Game Pass at launch.

Also, if you have Game Pass Ultimate, you can have Game Pass + Xbox Live + EA Play all in one package.  It's an insane service and there's quite literally nothing like it in terms of video games that has ever existed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Any game that Xbox owns will always be on there. Everything else is subject to change. It’s like Netflix, sometimes shows/movies leave and come back later. But they add new ones at roughly the same pace. So all these studio acquisitions have been like Netflix realizing they needed to make their own stuff (House of Cards, Stranger Things, Etc) so they can stop paying for content for certain periods of time and just have a stable on there all the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Also, Xbox Series S/X pre-orders begin tomorrow (9/22) at 11am est time, I believe.

If you're interested in ordering, create an account and save your payment information with your retailer(s) of choice right now, so you can finailize your pre-order quickly.

We didn't have this problem with the current generation.  I had no problems getting a pre-order for both at Gamestop at the mall near my work, and now I heard they had 10 total for the PS5.  And then I heard every place that had preorders open for the PS5 basically had them go in minutes.  It sounds like bots are at work for those who want to sell them for huge profit.  Topps is especially hit hard by bots for their premium products (like Sapphire) and Topps Now.  

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

We didn't have this problem with the current generation.  I had no problems getting a pre-order for both at Gamestop at the mall near my work, and now I heard they had 10 total for the PS5.  And then I heard every place that had preorders open for the PS5 basically had them go in minutes.  It sounds like bots are at work for those who want to sell them for huge profit.  Topps is especially hit hard by bots for their premium products (like Sapphire) and Topps Now.  

COVID isn't helping.

25 minutes ago, showtime said:

The way Game Pass works is this:  As long as you have a subscription to Game Pass you have unlimited use of any game on the service.  Literally think of it like Netflix, except instead of streaming a game, you download it to your console's hard drive.

Game Pass itself is always expanding.  There are so many games on there.... and not just really old games, but there are tons of brand new games that have released in 2019 and 2020.  Some games even appear on Game Pass at launch.

Also, if you have Game Pass Ultimate, you can have Game Pass + Xbox Live + EA Play all in one package.  It's an insane service and there's quite literally nothing like it in terms of video games that has ever existed.

So its like PS Plus. Except you can find current titles?

If you want to buy games. Does it have a discount selection at the Microsoft Store just for the Pass?

And for the Game Pass. The kids just got a PS Plus subscription for 30 for a year. Will deals like that be found around? Edit: Goes for XBox Live too.

Sorry for the questions. I just finished wiping my PS4 clean and will be trading it in tomorrow on a preorder. Was locked in on a PS5 but this Bethesda news has thrown me for a loop.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

COVID isn't helping.

Talking about production?  Yeah, I could buy that.  But if that's the case, then move the date to get more available.  At this point, I wonder how much these are going to go for on eBay and the like.  

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

If you want to buy games. Does it have a discount selection at the Microsoft Store just for the Pass?

And for the Game Pass. The kids just got a PS Plus subscription for 30 for a year. Will deals like that be found around?

Sorry for the questions. I just finished wiping my PS4 clean and will be trading it in tomorrow on a preorder. Was locked in on a PS5 but this Bethesda news has thrown me for a loop.

Playstation plus is primarily access to the online game functionality such as multiplayer, but it does give you some older games. Xbox has their own version of that (and did it before Playstation did). It's still around their version of PS+ is Xbox Live Gold, and each month you'll get a couple of free games as well as some really good sales on semi-new titles that change monthly.

To my knowledge no, there is no discount, but you do have access to any of the games in the Game Pass Library with no additional costs so long as you're still subscribed. (As others said, like Netflix)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Talking about production?  Yeah, I could buy that.  But if that's the case, then move the date to get more available.  At this point, I wonder how much these are going to go for on eBay and the like.  

I wouldn't rule out them eliminating duplicate sales to the same locations and putting a limit on how many can be bought per household or something as one of many soon to be implemented scalping measures. 

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Playstation plus is primarily access to the online game functionality such as multiplayer, but it does give you some older games. Xbox has their own version of that (and did it before Playstation did). It's still around their version of PS+ is Xbox Live Gold, and each month you'll get a couple of free games as well as some really good sales on semi-new titles that change monthly.

To my knowledge no, there is no discount, but you do have access to any of the games in the Game Pass Library with no additional costs so long as you're still subscribed. (As others said, like Netflix)

Sounds like the Game Pass is for real gamers. Im not such. 540 for the Ultimate for 3 years, 360 for standard. And cant use the Live service to play others with standard?

And if I just want Live or Gold Live. Thats 360 for 3 years when for PS its 90 bucks or so with coupons.

Ive had my own PS separate from the kids for 3 years. Ive probably played a dozen games. And only ever played Fortnite online. That being only a handful of times.

Might need to just stick with PS.

21 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Sounds like the Game Pass is for real gamers. Im not such. 540 for the Ultimate for 3 years, 360 for standard. And cant use the Live service to play others with standard?

And if I just want Live or Gold Live. Thats 360 for 3 years when for PS its 90 bucks or so with coupons.

Ive had my own PS separate from the kids for 3 years. Ive probably played a dozen games. And only ever played Fortnite online. That being only a handful of times.

Might need to just stick with PS.

Xbox Live Gold is $60 a year......Xbox Ultimate which includes Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass is $180

Edited by Knowledge
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

Xbox Live Gold is $60 a year......Xbox Ultimate which includes Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass is $180

540 for 3 years. Ive had my PS4 for 3 years and doubt Ive spent much more than 200 on games.

Id like the Bethesda games and Halo. But for a person that has the tendency to go months between playing games. This game pass isnt a friendly option.

Whats the Microsoft Store like? Do they have a huge selection of games on sale a month like PS? Thats how I got most of mine. Just Cause 3 for 3 bucks, JC4 for8. AC games for 10. Far Cry New Dawn and FC4 for $5 each. If I can buy games that way and just get the XBox Live. I can work with that.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

And for the Game Pass. The kids just got a PS Plus subscription for 30 for a year. Will deals like that be found around? Edit: Goes for XBox Live too.

Yes, any game on Gamepass is discounted in the store. Along with other weekly sales, Games with Gold (these you own as long as you have Gold) and publisher sales.
There is a Gamepass Ultimate deal to upgrade for $1, so usually people load up on Gold on sale then upgrade for the #1, that's what I did a couple years ago.
With Xbox Live Gold maybe going away though I'm not sure what will be the way to go.

• Like 1