Xbox Series X

showtime

3 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

The newest Star Wars. All EA Sports games such as Madden, FIFA, NHL, (typically 4-5 months after release, though),  Battlefield, Need For Speed, etc.

Here is the full list of games: https://www.ea.com/ea-play/games-xbox-one

Damn. If this was after Week 17 and before the WC Round it’d be perfect. Love playing the playoffs with friends or CPU vs CPU. 

The full game of Madden typically is not on EA Access or whatever it's called now (EA Play, I think) until after the season ends. I think sometime in Feb or near the Super Bowl.

Honestly, EA Play isn't that great of a service. The real bang is EA Play Premium, but for some reason that is only available on PC. I never understood why that isn't on consoles.

30 minutes ago, showtime said:

The full game of Madden typically is not on EA Access or whatever it's called now (EA Play, I think) until after the season ends. I think sometime in Feb or near the Super Bowl.

Honestly, EA Play isn't that great of a service. The real bang is EA Play Premium, but for some reason that is only available on PC. I never understood why that isn't on consoles.

It’s a fine service if you aren’t hardcore into sports games but like checking them out in spurts. Like I like doing a run in franchise mode in Madden, FIFA and NHL in between game releases, the 10 hour trial is even enough for me. Never going buy one full price at launch again, there isn’t enough difference year to year and they stay in there so you can just play the 20 edition and download the rosters. So instead of $30 on Madden on sale I just get all of them for the year. It’s not an amazing value beyond that, think the discount is lik 5~10%.

Being part of Gamepass Ultimate is a way better place for it now though, don’t have to actively pay $30 a year anymore.

Honestly I think it’s the model Sony should follow for their inevitable service. All Sony titles at one bigger price per year + Vault & discounts like EA Play Premium and a cheaper level where you get access to the Vault. Is kind of a middle ground between doing nothing and Gamepass level cheap 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Honestly I think it’s the model Sony should follow for their inevitable service. All Sony titles at one bigger price per year + Vault & discounts like EA Play Premium and a cheaper level where you get access to the Vault. Is kind of a middle ground between doing nothing and Gamepass level cheap 

That's a crazy service, though. All Sony exclusives for a subscription would be insane and I don't think they would do that. Sony has so many quality exclusive titles.

If Sony did a Gamepass type thing, it would probably be filled with 3rd party games like Microsoft's service is.

23 hours ago, showtime said:

That's a crazy service, though. All Sony exclusives for a subscription would be insane and I don't think they would do that. Sony has so many quality exclusive titles.

If Sony did a Gamepass type thing, it would probably be filled with 3rd party games like Microsoft's service is.

With all the studios Xbox has, it's only a matter of time before it starts churning out exclusive IPs.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

With all the studios Xbox has, it's only a matter of time before it starts churning out exclusive IPs.

Yeah, I agree. Microsoft will probably have some quality exclusives in like 5 years, but that's way too long of a wait.

Microsoft is putting together a top secret dev team from tons of other triple A studios to make some amazing exclusive game, but nothing has been announced. Probably haven't even started on it yet.

hnNxSsO.png

^ All of that is great for 3-5 years from now, but I'm buying the console NOW. And right NOW Xbox has no exclusives.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

Yeah, I agree. Microsoft will probably have some quality exclusives in like 5 years, but that's way too long of a wait.

Microsoft is putting together a top secret dev team from tons of other triple A studios to make some amazing exclusive game, but nothing has been announced. Probably haven't even started on it yet.

^ All of that is great for 3-5 years from now, but I'm buying the console NOW. And right NOW Xbox has no exclusives.

I think 5 years is a bit of a stretch. I'd say in about 3 years you can expect them to be releasing a AAA exclusive every single quarter of a year. Phil Spencer has said in an interview that they're looking to more or less bring a new AAA game for game pass every quarter as the end goal.

Just now, Danger said:

I think 5 years is a bit of a stretch. I'd say in about 3 years you can expect them to be releasing a AAA exclusive every single quarter of a year. Phil Spencer has said in an interview that they're looking to more or less bring a new AAA game for game pass every quarter as the end goal.

Yeah, he's said that for a long time lol.

All Xbox has produced the last 20 years is Gears and Halo.

On 11/24/2020 at 3:34 PM, showtime said:

I think it’s smart though, you look at the numbers and not a ton of people play all of the exclusives, at least to the percentage of console owners. 

Yeah it checks boxes, gets people hyped, but it doesn’t seem to breakthrough as easily. A subscription price makes it so more people can play them. Wether it be for money reasons, for gamers with disabilities, or people just just not giving a type of game a shot... a sub service can help a lot.

6 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Out of stock within a minute on wal mart and I kept timing out and could never access it. Even had my payment loaded up as well.

guess I didn’t want it enough. 

Same here. And it was sold out in one second actually, both PS5 and Series X. Walmart said they had bot protection this time but they clearly lied and gaslighted everyone.

• Like 1