Xbox Series X

showtime

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Is that going to be the only one? Or is that just the only one currently available? 

When it was initially announced, I thought it was going to be the only one. Since then, Microsoft has announced it wants to "make sure people have choices", so it sounds like there will be more coming out in the future. As of now, though, it's the only one available.

My OG Xbox One is slowly reaching its final days.  Huffing and puffing, takes gazillion years to sign-on and maneuver the home screen, and shuts off all the time (could be the power supply though).

But I don't want to pay for the Series X, given I already have a PC.  But all my Siege data is on Xbox and I don't want to restart on PS5 or PC.  Might just get the Series S.

On 12/1/2020 at 9:58 AM, Matts4313 said:

Is it true that on the new system you have to have a specialty hard drive for the "made for series x" games? Thats kinda annoying imo. 

You can use regular ones for storage.

if you want it to be the same as the internal, yeah there are specialty expansion drives. I think only sésgate made the one that is out there, but the other makers will make them too. 

So far just transferring games you are playing is fine, not enough nextgen games to matter yet

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Danger said:

Wonder what form it’d be. Like would they add an EA Play basic tier for Ubisoft essentially? and what cadence should stuff get added to it?

That models makes sense with how they sell their games. 

Lots of questions. Can go from nice news to awesome news depending on what it’d be.

I'm not really much of a gamer, my last console was the PS2. Before quarantine i was always out and about, busy with work and friends and whatnot. But with quarantine & wfh seemingly never ending, i need new sources of entertainment. 

Was thinking of grabbing an xbox...gamepass really appeals to me. I'd much rather pay $20 or so a month for 100 games or whatever it is, instead of paying $80 per game 

Should i get the X or S? I mainly wana play shooters, sports games, gta, etc. I used to love Sonic & Mario but i doubt thats on xbox lol. I see these were released in November? I was thinking of getting it next month

I'm good with playing story/mission based games, or against both AI or Online for sports games. And a few of my friends already have an xbox so once we can meet up it'll be easy to play as well 

5 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

I'm not really much of a gamer, my last console was the PS2. Before quarantine i was always out and about, busy with work and friends and whatnot. But with quarantine & wfh seemingly never ending, i need new sources of entertainment. 

Was thinking of grabbing an xbox...gamepass really appeals to me. I'd much rather pay $20 or so a month for 100 games or whatever it is, instead of paying $80 per game 

Should i get the X or S? I mainly wana play shooters, sports games, gta, etc. I used to love Sonic & Mario but i doubt thats on xbox lol. I see these were released in November? I was thinking of getting it next month

I'm good with playing story/mission based games, or against both AI or Online for sports games. And a few of my friends already have an xbox so once we can meet up it'll be easy to play as well 

Just depends on how much you care about performance (mainly graphically) if you want 4k gaming you want the x... If you don't care about 4k go with the s.

• Like 1