Xbox Series X

showtime

11 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

This has been my big question.. I'm already playing Stardew, so what does Animal Crossing give me that Stardew doesn't?

I love this types of games so I have been thinking about getting it, but I feel like it would just be the same experience as Stardew.

On 3/26/2020 at 4:00 PM, showtime said:

LOL

I've been waiting for the Xbox **** up this gen. Aside from the name that's REAAAAAALLLLLY bad. 

Not a **** up but hacking on Xbox servers is gonna be super bad if that code gets dumped. 

2 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I've been waiting for the Xbox **** up this gen. Aside from the name that's REAAAAAALLLLLY bad. 

Not a **** up but hacking on Xbox servers is gonna be super bad if that code gets dumped. 

Not really an Xbox screw up. The leak came directly from the AMD side (the company that is making the GPU for the PS5 and Xbox Series X)

Also, it's going to be pretty hard to 'hack' the servers using GPU source code :D

As far as I can tell, the only real possible implication of this will be with regards to AMDs direct competitor: Nvidia. In theory, they could view the leaks and 'steal' anything there. I highly doubt that happens, though. History has shown that most big companies don't care too much for taking advantage of leaks as it often times just encourages more bad people to leak things.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

Not really an Xbox screw up. The leak came directly from the AMD side (the company that is making the GPU for the PS5 and Xbox Series X)

Also, it's going to be pretty hard to 'hack' the servers using GPU source code :D

As far as I can tell, the only real possible implication of this will be with regards to AMDs direct competitor: Nvidia. In theory, they could view the leaks and 'steal' anything there. I highly doubt that happens, though. History has shown that most big companies don't care too much for taking advantage of leaks as it often times just encourages more bad people to leak things.

It's still a **** up but again not from Xbox's side for once lol.

I thought it was the entire Xbox series X code including security features, just the GPU code is an entirely different thing. 

• 3 weeks later...

get to see games next week

Since they have the marketing rights, we’ll most likely be seeing next gen Assassin’s Creed gameplay for sure. 

They reportedly were going to show off the next Batman game and the Harry Potter RPG at E3. So one or both of those might show up.

Probably should see how Cyperpunk looks on next gen. Though CD Projekt Red said awhile ago that they would work on an improved version after finishing the current gen version. But maybe with the delay that changed. At the very least we could see it with the native enhancements the Series X will be doing for games.

other than that I we’ll see Halo Infinite for sure. And I’m guessing this year’s Forza. Maybe this is wear Fable gets announced?

Edit: Actually this will be all 3rd party games. With a purely Xbox Games Studio event happening later on. 

Wish it was 1st party games too, but I guess it's also cool they're saving that for a separate summer announcement. I think they're smart from a business standpoint not to announce everything now. Hype would die after a month or two and Sony would absolutely steal it during the Summer.

Either way, really interested to see what's cooking so far for third party games. Although, I'm pretty much expecting the equivalent of PS4/Xbox games but running on PC graphical settings.

1 hour ago, elevators_rule said:

Wish it was 1st party games too, but I guess it's also cool they're saving that for a separate summer announcement. I think they're smart from a business standpoint not to announce everything now. Hype would die after a month or two and Sony would absolutely steal it during the Summer.

Either way, really interested to see what's cooking so far for third party games. Although, I'm pretty much expecting the equivalent of PS4/Xbox games but running on PC graphical settings.

Yeah at first I was disappointed but then I thought about it and it makes sense.

Think you’re right about not wanting to be old news whenever Sony feels like actually sharing stuff in a month or so.

Plus they probably want to come out in a declarative way as the new Xbox Game Studios. And really make a statement about their dedication to exclusives and what these new games will be. As well as talking price and other aspects that go into a generation launch.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

What 3rd party games does everyone think/want to see?

Besides AC:Valhalla which we know, really hoping this is where we finally see the new Batman game, maybe Dragon Age (though I don’t think we will)

I really want that harry potter rpg.

it has sooooo much potential and the combat could be so different because name one 3rd person action RPG that uses wands as it's combat system. 

I'd take a new Injustice as well or hopefully WB Montreal is doing a Justice League game instead of a new batman game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Cyberpunk pretty much guaranteed to be there. I can't remember what other studios are going to be involved off the top of my head.

I think Bethesda is going to show up in some fashion?

Starfield was revealed at E3 2018 so possibly but also this. https://www.techradar.com/news/starfield-and-elder-scrolls-6-still-far-off-as-bethesda-dashes-e3-announcement-hopes Pete Hines basically said they're not doing anything E3 related, granted it's an april 1st tweet but it's basically saying nothing is happening in june. Could still be part of them Summer Showcase with Jeff Kealey though. 

Elder Scrolls 6 is in development so we could see a teaser of that aside from the grandma gamer thing they did a while.

Also more Fallout 76 stuff if they dare do that. 

5 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

I really want that harry potter rpg.

it has sooooo much potential and the combat could be so different because name one 3rd person action RPG that uses wands as it's combat system. 

I'd take a new Injustice as well or hopefully WB Montreal is doing a Justice League game instead of a new batman game. 

Would be great to see both here, I'm wondering if the marketing will split though and one go Sony and the other Xbox.
Feel like WB has done that in the past.

I'm really intrigued how that game will be, I'm kinda shocked it's taken someone this long to try to do a HP game at a true AAA scale.

I'm not much of a fighting game fan but I got into Injustice 2 for a bit. Wouldn't mind a followup.
I know there was some speculation that Capcom might just make a marvel fighting game instead of adding in the capcom characters. So that'd be another candidate for fighting games.

I'd be intrigued by a JL game, would be tough to do. Though I'd rather have solo games and flesh them out more. Like you could make a really good Wonder Woman game, and next gen could really have enough juice to do a Green Lantern Corp game...though maybe that's too weird for the mainstream.
To me best case is WB Montreal is making Batman: Court of Owls and Rocksteady is doing a more global DC game. Like a Suicide Squad, or JL.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

Cyberpunk pretty much guaranteed to be there. I can't remember what other studios are going to be involved off the top of my head.

I think Bethesda is going to show up in some fashion?

They should be, the only thing I don't know about is what CDPR's plans are for the next gen version.
Like are they adding anything to it to take advantage of the tech, or will that come later?

Cause if it's later like they hinted at months ago maybe that's at another event. But I mean it's the biggest game this year and they have the marketing rights, so yeah I'd be surprised if it wasnt too.

I think if Bethesda is showing up, it'll be here.
They have great deep relationships with Microsoft and the Xbox team, so I don't think they'll be on whatever thing Sony ends up doing.
They might just wait til later this summer and do their own thing and announce a Spring 2021 release for Starfield.

26 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

They should be, the only thing I don't know about is what CDPR's plans are for the next gen version.
Like are they adding anything to it to take advantage of the tech, or will that come later?

Cause if it's later like they hinted at months ago maybe that's at another event. But I mean it's the biggest game this year and they have the marketing rights, so yeah I'd be surprised if it wasnt too.

I think if Bethesda is showing up, it'll be here.
They have great deep relationships with Microsoft and the Xbox team, so I don't think they'll be on whatever thing Sony ends up doing.
They might just wait til later this summer and do their own thing and announce a Spring 2021 release for Starfield.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/71734/cyberpunk-2077-coming-to-next-gen-ps5-xbox-series-as-new-versions/index.html

Long story short it's basically going to be a tweaked game for next gen consoles. If you bought the Xbox one version you will play that version on the series X until the next gen version is done.

I'd imagine they'll do a re-release of the game in late 2021 with it on the Discs but who knows. 

8 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/71734/cyberpunk-2077-coming-to-next-gen-ps5-xbox-series-as-new-versions/index.html

Long story short it's basically going to be a tweaked game for next gen consoles. If you bought the Xbox one version you will play that version on the series X until the next gen version is done.

I'd imagine they'll do a re-release of the game in late 2021 with it on the Discs but who knows. 

Yeah ok that's where I though they were at, I knew they (like AC: Valhalla) announced they were joining the Xbox Smart Delivery program, but that obviously requires a Next Gen version ha.
2021 with the multiplayer feature and at least one expansion makes sense.