Home Opener : 2017 Edition. Vikings vs Steelers - Week 2 GDT.

steelcurtain29

how about the test that our offence has ? IIRC Zimmer knows us well and has players that are capable. If our OL doesn't play better and if Bell is still out of it, Ben could be in for a bad day.

Barely defeating the browns with a rookie QB isn't the same as what we are playing this week is it? Then consider the ST TD we had, and that game looks even worse than the scoreboard .

38 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

how about the test that our offence has ? IIRC Zimmer knows us well and has players that are capable. If our OL doesn't play better and if Bell is still out of it, Ben could be in for a bad day.

Barely defeating the browns with a rookie QB isn't the same as what we are playing this week is it? Then consider the ST TD we had, and that game looks even worse than the scoreboard .

Yeah last week was ugly, but I'm glad the OL / Bell looked shoddy and the team got 14,000 yards in penalties, because that means Tomlin & Co. will be ALL BUSINESS this week getting themselves prepared to step their game up.  I will be very surprised if they come out as flat as they did at Cleveland.  (offensively that is)  Minny's defense will be a tough challenge and yes, Zimmer knows our offense very well, but I think Ben & Co. will be up for the task -  especially at home.  

And uh, nice work with the hotties!  Good lord!

I'm looking forward to this game, Steelers fans.  Playing you in your house should give Vikings fans a better idea of where our team is at than we got playing what looked like a pretty weak Saints team last week.  Here's hoping the best team wins and that there are no serious injuries during this contest.  Good luck!

Gonna be a tough game.   Vikings looked damn good the other night, and we are likely going to be without Tuiit and Dupree again.     Haley cant afford to blow at playcalling, Ben has to be more accurate, and we need Martavis and Bell to be.....Martavis and Bell.     Im not a big Sam Bradford fan, but he makes quick decisions and very accurate if you cant rattle him, which I think we will have a hard time doing.   IMO, the result of this game will depend on which offense shows up...."Killer B Attack"  or "Todd Haley's Special Ed Offense".   

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Gonna be a tough game.   Vikings looked damn good the other night, and we are likely going to be without Tuiit and Dupree again.     Haley cant afford to blow at playcalling, Ben has to be more accurate, and we need Martavis and Bell to be.....Martavis and Bell.     Im not a big Sam Bradford fan, but he makes quick decisions and very accurate if you cant rattle him, which I think we will have a hard time doing.   IMO, the result of this game will depend on which offense shows up...."Killer B Attack"  or "Todd Haley's Special Ed Offense".   

Pressure up the middle is going to be key.  That's what rattles Sam.

I wish that we moved some guys around on defense because it would be nice to not have all the pressure coming from the same side.  Right all our best pressure is coming from the defensive right.  So a team could overload protection from that side and we could struggle to get home.  So I would like to see some things there.

18 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Pressure up the middle is going to be key.  That's what rattles Sam.

I wish that we moved some guys around on defense because it would be nice to not have all the pressure coming from the same side.  Right all our best pressure is coming from the defensive right.  So a team could overload protection from that side and we could struggle to get home.  So I would like to see some things there.

Well that's where Dupree and Hargrave come in. Dupree may not play so that leaves Hargrave as the only other "other". 

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

Well that's where Dupree and Hargrave come in. Dupree may not play so that leaves Hargrave as the only other "other". 

I rather see Hargrave play "DE" in the pass downs and take Alualu out of there.  Keep some run protection out there and some pass rush.  I just wouldn't mind seeing TJ flip to the defensive left and James on the right side to balance it some.

9 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Alualu and Chick both played well last week, hopefully they can't keep their play up again this week if they are forced to start again. Alualu I was particularly impressed with (Re-watched the game on NFL Game Pass this morning). More than held his own against the run and also showed penetration against the pass.

This will be a huge test for our offense after struggling last week. Honestly our biggest issue was penalties. Bell actually had a few impressive runs that were called back due to holding. I know I'm stating the obvious but those penalties really killed us last week. I'm expecting a huge bounce back game from Bryant as I predict Xavier Rhodes will shadow AB all game, leaving burnable Trae Waynes on Bryant all game. Apparently a Vikings beat writer tweeted that Rhodes was practicing lining up in the slot/opposite side of the field in preparation for shadowing AB. The tweet was taken down as it is against team policy to report what goes on in practice. Take it FWIW.  

Archived