Home Opener : 2017 Edition. Vikings vs Steelers - Week 2 GDT.

steelcurtain29

I thought the game was rather ugly really.  The Steelers still didn't really get it going on O.  That was partially because of PIs negating long passes, but Ben was under a lot of pressure and Bell didn't do much.  The Vikings have a good pass D and a good pass rush, so I expected that.  But their scheme is known to sugar the A gaps and results in bad rush D quite often.  That is definitely their weakness, yet the Steelers didn't do well against them.  Did Conner get hurt, or did they just decide to abandon him and let Bell tote the rock instead?  

The D played pretty well, but it didn't take much against Keenum to look good.  I personally thought the OL would be better than that, since they looked rock solid against the Seahawks' starters in preseason and against the Aints' last week.  But the LG got abused and both OTs got beat a few times.  This was by Williams and Chickilo too, not the studs.  I can only imagine what it would've been like with Tuitt in there.  Glad he sat out.  

19 minutes ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

I thought the game was rather ugly really.  The Steelers still didn't really get it going on O.  That was partially because of PIs negating long passes, but Ben was under a lot of pressure and Bell didn't do much.  The Vikings have a good pass D and a good pass rush, so I expected that.  But their scheme is known to sugar the A gaps and results in bad rush D quite often.  That is definitely their weakness, yet the Steelers didn't do well against them.  Did Conner get hurt, or did they just decide to abandon him and let Bell tote the rock instead?  

The D played pretty well, but it didn't take much against Keenum to look good.  I personally thought the OL would be better than that, since they looked rock solid against the Seahawks' starters in preseason and against the Aints' last week.  But the LG got abused and both OTs got beat a few times.  This was by Williams and Chickilo too, not the studs.  I can only imagine what it would've been like with Tuitt in there.  Glad he sat out.  

True but I was glad to see Bryant get it going.  Having him playing his A game will be HUGE for our offense going forward.  

Their pass rush was making AV and Foster scramble.  

With Tuitt and Watt in the whole game, it would have been a bigger blowout for sure.  I really like what I'm seeing from this defense so far, aside from getting gashed on the ground from time to time.  

The defense certainly has the makings of a high pressure, good unit.  Overall they're looking pretty solid, but they haven't played anyone yet, so I'm leery to get too optimistic.  At least the O improved, and did so against what will probably be a top 3 defense when it's all said and done, unless their CBs and 1 S prove to be too big of liabilities.  As you said, Bryant was finally doing something today, and that will help immensely.  

Good game Steelers fans.  I was really disappointed to hear that Sam Bradford wouldn't be playing for the Vikings today, but the way your D-line dominated our guys up front, I don't think he would have been able to change the outcome.  You have some great players.  Best of luck the rest of the season.  Hopefully, we will play each other again this season - in Minnesota!  ;)

38 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Good game Steelers fans.  I was really disappointed to hear that Sam Bradford wouldn't be playing for the Vikings today, but the way your D-line dominated our guys up front, I don't think he would have been able to change the outcome.  You have some great players.  Best of luck the rest of the season.  Hopefully, we will play each other again this season - in Minnesota!  ;)

Good luck the rest of the way.   If Bradford isnt out too long, you'll definitely be in the playoffs.   Your defense is  fierce, and Dalvin Cook is going to be real good.   QB is the only question....because I dont trust Bradford  :/

Archived