Giants release Janoris Jenkins; claimed by Saints

NVRamsFan

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm not offended, but it was uncalled for and it was a bad look for him. I don't care that he used the word nor am I offended, but be the bigger man. Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep. Makes Janoris look like a pansy frankly. The only thing that bothers me is that this dude tried to play the "hood card". FOH

I wonder if you were ever in his position as a professional athlete and you have people making dumb, snarky remarks at you constantly on social media, you wouldn't hit him back with some real words too. I know I would....forget all of that be a better man crap, we are human first

Secondly, please stop with the "card" crap, it is what it is, it isn't a "card"

Jenkins blows BTW

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

From what I’ve seen and heard he hasn’t been good since leaving the Rams. I know the Giants are rebuilding but have they drafted CB recently? If not how high a priority is this for the draft and free agency?

We drafted enough CBs. We just need to develop them now. We took Sam Beal in the supplemental draft a few years ago, then drafted Deandre Baker, Julian Love, and Corey Ballentine in this past draft. Baker has had a really rough year, but looked genuinely very good for the first time last week. Love is being converted to safety, where he has been super impressive. Ballentine got his first start at nickel corner a few weeks ago and has been picked on. Beal has finally gotten play time and he has been picked on as well. Corner is a super hard position to play and transition from college to the NFL, so it is too early for judgements on any of them. Just need a few of them to get developed and pan out, which I have super low confidence in with our coaching staff.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

From what I’ve seen and heard he hasn’t been good since leaving the Rams. I know the Giants are rebuilding but have they drafted CB recently? If not how high a priority is this for the draft and free agency?

That's not true at all. He was an all-pro in 2016 with the Giants. He has been playing well this year since week 4. The problem with Jackrabbit is that he gives up too often, both on plays and on teams. He's not someone you want on a losing roster.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

pre-post-edit... He just said retard?  I mean I get people get offended by that, but I really don't know why.  I've got a coworker with a retarded (literal, not derogatory definition) sister who calls things/people retarded all the time. 

IDK man I have a brother in law that is extremely autistic and they are very sensitive towards the word "retard". Its rough having a kid with a disability. You get stared at constantly, kids are extremely mean & insensitive, and people in general can be very ignorant towards it. Probably a bad word word choice especially as an entertainer with a ton of followers. 

• Like 7

I agree Jenkins didn't deserve to cut for this, but honestly complaints about society being PC is almost as bad as the PC stuff too. It's like people who say stupid/ignorant (or whatever else you want to describe it) things don't like getting called out or held accountable. Maybe think about what you say and stop being a snowflake when called out on it.

• Like 4