Week 15 GDT: Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Zombies: Open tryouts for defence this Saturday

Canadian Saint

14 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

That was a response game. Something champions do. A few thoughts:

- Brees is the GOAT. What else can be said. 2 records on one night in a ridiculous performance.

- MT. Cannot be guarded. He's well on his way to beating Harrison's receptions record. He needs 6 receptions in each of his next two games.

- Jared Cook played well. This is who myself and many other were hoping for.

- Kamara is inching towards Kamara of old. Payton knows best and kept feeding him.

- I hope Warford is ok. Deuce said it could be a hyperextension, which is 1-2 week injury IIRC.

- D showed up this game. Colts normally average 117 yards rushing, and we held them to 47.

- Apple is getting picked on. 4 weeks in a row opposing teams have targeted him first pass. If Jenkins comes in with his head straight and picks up the play book, I think he gives Apple competition. He's the weak link in the secondary.

- CGJ and PJ got hurt, hope both are ok.

- Demario Davis. Holy crap. He was man to man coverage all night and did great. This guy is one of my favorites man. Just a great all around LB who's solidified this D.

- To further that, having Klein back helped the D tonight. We were less crappy on the edge runs and crossing routes. We missed him and Alonso against the 49ers.

- Man do we miss Davenport and Rankins. The pass rush seemed off today, and while they did get pressure, we missed both of those guys on passing downs. Also the fact we put in a claim for Suggs makes me think the front office and coaches think the same. Tough losses with both of them out for the year.

I didn't get a GREAT look at Warford's knee but I thought there was more of a valgus (lateral to medial) force more than a hyperextension moment. That's often an MCL sprain. The truth is that if it was an obvious ACL tear, we'd likely already know by now...you can typically detect it with >90% accuracy on sideline testing. There is the chance it could still be an ACL, but much less likely at this point. It wouldn't be surprising if he gets an MRI to look at the MCL and ACL, and also look for bony contusions or defects that sometimes happens with hyperextension injuries (if that did happen). No news is good news to this point.

• Like 1

I've got a few thoughts to pile on:

17 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

That was a response game. Something champions do. A few thoughts:

- Brees is the GOAT. What else can be said. 2 records on one night in a ridiculous performance.

- MT. Cannot be guarded. He's well on his way to beating Harrison's receptions record. He needs 6 receptions in each of his next two games.

Brees and MT are ridiculous. How do you deal with such fast delivery, and such a powerful receiver. When EVERYBODY on the field know where the ball's going, and you can't defend it... that's special!

17 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

- Jared Cook played well. This is who myself and many other were hoping for.

- Kamara is inching towards Kamara of old. Payton knows best and kept feeding him.

I don't think Cook's head is 100% yet. He still looked off to me.
I think Kamara is still recovering, too. Watch him look at incoming contact. He's preparing for it, rather than dodging it. 1 run in particular, he had a massive hole and everybody blocked to his right. His typical juke to the left would have certainly been a long run for 6, but he kept going right and initiated contact with the DB's. In an earlier run, he did similar, where a cut to the left would have been another 4-7 yards, but he piled into contact instead. It's weird.

Apple needs a week or two off. I'm not sure what's going on with him, but his head is not in the game, and he's getting torched out there.

Gardner-Johnson is turning into a stud! His ability to diagnose the runs, shed the blocks, and make the stop in the backfield (what, 3 times?!!) gave our entire defense the upper hand, and short fields. I'm very excited to have him on the team, and he may very well turn into a prime spot tandem with Lattimore next season, or the season after.

When you talk about a team win, this is the definition!!
1) Nearly perfect QB/WR play
2) A shutout by the starting defense until the scrubs came in for garbage time, and that score was set up by a rookie PI call in the endzone.
3) Special teams stepping up & causing a penalty that then resulted in blocking a punt.

This was by far our most dominant performance over the last 3 years.

On 12/17/2019 at 6:22 AM, Raves said:

I ended up missing most of the game because I was watching the Cavs game, when I turned the game on we were up 34-0.... I was like... ok... that's pretty damn good...

Glad to get the recaps from everyone.

But why were you watching the Cavs over the Saints..?