DPOY 2019

goldfishwars

Who you got?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who is this year's DPOY

30 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Chandler Jones leads the NFL in forced fumbles (8) and sacks (19) with one game left. He's got 96 career sacks, the same amount JJ Watt has with one year less as a pro. Pretty impresive.

Impressive year much like Jared Allen had in 2011. Not making the playoffs could hurt his chances at winning though.

35 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Impressive year much like Jared Allen had in 2011. Not making the playoffs could hurt his chances at winning though.

Don't see why that should matter.  

Pittsburgh probably isn't going to get in the postseason, and TJ Watt's clearly a top 3 prospect for the award.  

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm surprised how quiet Mack has been this year by his standards. 8.5 sacks and 5 FF is good but I expected more out of a former DPOY. Did Fangio departing hurt him or why hasn't he been the same this season?

It’s really simple. Akeem Hicks. Never understood when people said Mack’s on Donald’s level. He’s never been in that tier. 

He’s also been doubled a ton! But that goes back to my point. Ain’t no defender seeing more doubles than Donald. 

Yeah, with Donald not making the playoffs, with Watt potentially not making the playoffs, and Gillmore saving his worst performance for down the stretch... it complicates things. So I think if the Steelers make it, Watt gets the award.

But if he doesn’t make it, I give the award to Chandler Jones. He’s definitely been balling all season and only has two games without a sack.