DPOY 2019

goldfishwars

Who you got?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who is this year's DPOY

31 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Not sure why you're laughing. It's fine for you to disagree, but there is definitely an argument both ways. 

Smith has 22.5 fewer sacks while playing in the league the same number of years so it's not his pass rushing. Hunter has always been a good against the run. It was his strength coming out of the draft. Not really sure where you're seeing this well rounded player that is better than Hunter. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

He's 2nd only behind Mack in my eyes. Hunter is good, but hes not as well rounded as Z is.

Definitely disagree on that, Hunter is a very good run defender. He was better at that than pass rushing early on. 

Even so - second best edge rusher in the division wouldn’t equal any DPOY votes.

10 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Definitely disagree on that, Hunter is a very good run defender. He was better at that than pass rushing early on. 

Even so - second best edge rusher in the division wouldn’t equal any DPOY votes.

I’m not advocating for him as a DPOY candidate. Just that this notion that Hunter is unanimously better is absurd. Check the pressure stats. Z has 49 on the season while Hunter is sitting with 35. 

24 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Smith has 22.5 fewer sacks while playing in the league the same number of years so it's not his pass rushing. Hunter has always been a good against the run. It was his strength coming out of the draft. Not really sure where you're seeing this well rounded player that is better than Hunter. 

Z is just as good against the run and has pressured the QB at a better rate than Hunter the past 2 seasons. 

2 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

I’m not advocating for him as a DPOY candidate. Just that this notion that Hunter is unanimously better is absurd. Check the pressure stats. Z has 49 on the season while Hunter is sitting with 35. 

Where did anyone say it was absurd? 

Other than obvious Viking fans.

Edited by Yin-Yang

19 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

I love these cherry picked stats that make it sound like someone is having a historic season.

It's also probably not true.  "Players with ___________________ (insert numbers), according to the data we have available since we begin tracking" would be more fitting.  I mean PFR has DeMarcus Ware at 27 TFL in 2008 and he recorded 20 sacks that season.  I feel confident that he probably had somewhere around ~35 QB Hits that year (one of the best pass rushing seasons I can remember seeing), but I don't think there's anything online that reliably tracked QB hits then.  I think 2008-2009 is right around when PFF started becoming a thing.

Don't doubt Z has been nice though.  But can't even compare it to Watt and Donald in those seasons.  Watt had 20.5, 20.5, and 17.5 sacks in those seasons respectively.  Donald with 20.5 in 2018.  Those dudes were/are phenomenal.  Z is barely at the cut-off with 13.5... which is still damn good.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1