DPOY 2019

goldfishwars

Who you got?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who is this year's DPOY

2 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

It’ll probably be Donald again.. No ones having a insane year and the dude from the Bucs hella slowed down. He had what 9 sacks in week 3-4? 

6.6 since then. Eww. 

I know you don't look at stats much but...   The same could be said for Donald the first 6 games he had 3 sacks...  Eww

I don't expect Barrett to get it because of the team he is on but he leads the league in sacks and forced fumbles  also has an interception and 2nd in TFLs

1 minute ago, sryan66611 said:

I know you don't look at stats much but...   The same could be said for Donald the first 6 games he had 3 sacks...  Eww

I don't expect Barrett to get it because of the team he is on but he leads the league in sacks and forced fumbles  also has an interception and 2nd in TFLs

Right but as the season has gone he’s gotten better. Not to discredit Bartet dude was playing out of his mind the first few weeks and was the clear cut DPOY. His stats were phenomenal but he has slowed down a massive amount. How many TFL did he have when he was on that tear? 

9 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

The Rams D is good and all, but they also played the following offenses during that stretch: Falcons (Ryan/Schaub), Bengals (Finley), Bears (Trubisky), Cardinals (Murray). Not exactly an elite group of offenses. The Ravens were the only legit offense they faced during that stretch and Lamar ran through them like a buzz-saw (as he's done to seemingly every defense this year).

They did play exceptionally well last week at home against a good Seahawks offense, however. So there's that. I also expect them to put up another stout performance this week against a reeling Cowboys team. The Niners game will be interesting to see what that unit is really made of. Point is, I'd take that 10.5 PPG with a grain of salt considering who they faced.

But this is the same Cards team that the Niners had trouble with. Murray was firing at them. Again damm If you do and damm if you don’t. I get what you’re saying but sheesh. Pats d gets lots of love for playing against trash cans. They’ve lost 3 games to the only good teams they’ve faced 😘

TJ Watt is the most realistic answer. 

He's top 5th in sacks and 3rd in forced fumbles.  

Playing at an incredibly high level for only his 3rd year in the league.  

Aaron Donald still creates opportunities for his teammates, but is not having the season he had last year by any stretch of the imagination. 

He won't be Defensive Player of the Year.  

8 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Aaron Donald still creates opportunities for his teammates, but is not having the season he had last year by any stretch of the imagination. 

He won't be Defensive Player of the Year.  

Tbh I was surprised when he won it in 17.. Calais should have won that award. 

8 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Tbh I was surprised when he won it in 17.. Calais should have won that award. 

True, but Donald only played 14 games in 2017.  Probably would have matched Campbell's 14 sacks if he would have played all 16 games.  

Donald ended that season with 11 sacks.  

4 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

The Rams D is good and all, but they also played the following offenses during that stretch: Falcons (Ryan/Schaub), Bengals (Finley), Bears (Trubisky), Cardinals (Murray). Not exactly an elite group of offenses. The Ravens were the only legit offense they faced during that stretch and Lamar ran through them like a buzz-saw (as he's done to seemingly every defense this year).

They did play exceptionally well last week at home against a good Seahawks offense, however. So there's that. I also expect them to put up another stout performance this week against a reeling Cowboys team. The Niners game will be interesting to see what that unit is really made of. Point is, I'd take that 10.5 PPG with a grain of salt considering who they faced.

See you cant have that argument on one hand then on the other hand say how impressive the Falcons offense looked against the Saints in New Orleans when they scored 29pts and won. Then look at how impressive the Bears offense looked against the Cowboys on TNF and won. Then look at both times the Cardinals offense looked impressive against a great Niners defense and nearly won both times. The Rams shutdown that same Falcons offense, Bears offense, and Cardinals offense. As a matter of fact they did not just shudown those teams, they made the Falcons and Cardinals offenses look the worst it has looked all season long. Not to mention the Rams defense made the Seahawks offense look the worst it has looked all season long. So all Im saying is the pet peeve I have is when people give so much credit to a team like the Cardinals offense for giving the Niners great defense trouble and nearly winning but when the Rams shut that same Cardinals offense down those same people will say well the Rams defense played the Cardinals and they arent a great offense. Plus people saw what Lamar did to the Rams rushing and thought Murray was going to do the same thing. So dont act like people came into that game thinking the Rams was going to just completely shutdown the Cardinals offense because they werent great. Lets just be fair. Then to also be fair, the Rams faced Ryan for most of that game. They also faced Dalton not Finley when they faced the Bengals. So lets not take away what the Rams defense has been able to do since they got Ramsey. They even held the Niners great rushing attack to 99yds on 44 attempts and held them to 20pts. I know people wont talk about it because the Rams lost but it wasnt because of their defense. The offense struggled but the defense came to play. That same Niners team that scored 48pts in New Orleans. That same Niners team that came into that Rams game rushing for 200yds per game again only had 99yds rushing and score 20pts. Im just saying. 

Edited by stl4life07

4 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Why would he be the the most realistic choice if he’s 5th and 3rd? Barrett is ahead in both categories.