DPOY 2019

goldfishwars

Who you got?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who is this year's DPOY

TJ Watt...because I want him to.

If we make the playoffs, I seriously think he deserves it.  @BlaqOptic listed his stats and accolades, but the guy is flat out dominant, and good in every phase of the game.

Minkah deserves mentioned because his presence provides a huge spark and allows our defense to do alot more than it could before him.

Aaron Donald is THE best Defensive players in the league, and one of the best in NFL history.  He will always be a candidate.

Gilmore has apparently been dominant, but I haven't watched the Pats much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

They both have three games this season without a sack.

The key difference being that Watt put together a 9 game streak with at least a half-sack and half his sacks don't come from two games. The other aspect being in those games where he didn't register a sack Watt still regsitered 6 QB Hits, 2 TFL, 2 Interceptions, and a fumble recovery in comparison to literally just 1 QB Hit for Barrett in the games he didn't notch a sack. TJ Watt has not had a bad game this season. His worst game of the season was against the Patriots on opening night and he still hit Brady 3 times and registered a TFL...

I think ultimately Cameron Jordan will win it. Primetime game tomorrow where I expect him to notch two sacks, I think he gets another against the Titans, and then against a Panthers team without a HC I can’t see him not once again dominating.

If Jordan doesn’t get it then it’ll be TJ Watt. He’s got the pedigree, he’s got the stats, he’ll be playing on SNF against Allen and if the Steelers defense eats and he gets a couple sacks it would go a long way in aiding separation for the award. Throw in the fact that the Steelers could be facing RG3 and there might be more opportunities to stat stuff within the front 7.

On 12/14/2019 at 10:58 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Gilmore has apparently been dominant, but I haven't watched the Pats much.

He’s been an animal and I believe he leads the league in interceptions now. But it takes historic seasons at CB to get that award, so I doubt Gilmore would be in high consideration like Watt or others.

On 12/13/2019 at 7:05 PM, stl4life07 said:

See you cant have that argument on one hand then on the other hand say how impressive the Falcons offense looked against the Saints in New Orleans when they scored 29pts and won. Then look at how impressive the Bears offense looked against the Cowboys on TNF and won. Then look at both times the Cardinals offense looked impressive against a great Niners defense and nearly won both times. The Rams shutdown that same Falcons offense, Bears offense, and Cardinals offense. As a matter of fact they did not just shudown those teams, they made the Falcons and Cardinals offenses look the worst it has looked all season long. Not to mention the Rams defense made the Seahawks offense look the worst it has looked all season long. So all Im saying is the pet peeve I have is when people give so much credit to a team like the Cardinals offense for giving the Niners great defense trouble and nearly winning but when the Rams shut that same Cardinals offense down those same people will say well the Rams defense played the Cardinals and they arent a great offense. Plus people saw what Lamar did to the Rams rushing and thought Murray was going to do the same thing. So dont act like people came into that game thinking the Rams was going to just completely shutdown the Cardinals offense because they werent great. Lets just be fair. Then to also be fair, the Rams faced Ryan for most of that game. They also faced Dalton not Finley when they faced the Bengals. So lets not take away what the Rams defense has been able to do since they got Ramsey. They even held the Niners great rushing attack to 99yds on 44 attempts and held them to 20pts. I know people wont talk about it because the Rams lost but it wasnt because of their defense. The offense struggled but the defense came to play. That same Niners team that scored 48pts in New Orleans. That same Niners team that came into that Rams game rushing for 200yds per game again only had 99yds rushing and score 20pts. Im just saying. 

See what I mean?