DPOY 2019

goldfishwars

Who you got?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who is this year's DPOY

Just now, CP3MVP said:

You have proven over and over again don’t believe in adjusted or advanced statistics just your eye test.

That's not true. I dont rely on a singular thing to make a determination. I think it's a combination of multiple things. Stats play a part. They dont tell the whole story but you've proven all you care about is stats.

8 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

PATS NATION STAND THE HELL UP

Wha whaaa, I'm here!

My Patriotic opinion: It's hard for me to call that defense "elite" because they struggle with the run.

To be elite (IMO) you have to be at least good at everything. 

PS: Sorry, wrong thread. thought I was in the Pats defense thread.

Ya, I said before, CB's just don't get this award. People like sacks, not ints.

Edited by Split the Sticks

1 minute ago, Split the Sticks said:

Wha whaaa, I'm here!

My Patriotic opinion: It's hard for me to call that defense "elite" because they struggle with the run.

To be elite (IMO) you have to be at least good at everything. 

Nah you’re the rare pats fan. Chill as heck and what not. I like you. You can sit down and have a Henny on the rocks. 

• Like 2

Gilmore had my vote heading into this week, and he only solidified it with a great outing. The 2 INTs and TD will do wonders for the actual vote since he now will have very nice box score numbers to go with his reputation.

• Shadows opposing top WRs, yet..
    • has yet to allow a TD
    • half of balls thrown his way are incomplete
    • only gives up around 30 yards per game
  • 6 INTs
  • 18 PDs (leads league)
  • 2 TDs
  • Best player on one of the league's best Ds

He's having as good a season as you'll see at CB, and doing it for an elite D. I think it's his to lose going down the stretch. Would take some gaudy sack numbers from AD or Watt to close the gap. 

5 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

I dont understand... Gilmore is considered front runner and Tre White doesnt even get a mention. They are having very similar seasons... White is right behind Gilmore as the best CB this year. While i dont think he should win... he should atleast get a mention

Yeah. I was thinking the same thing. But I also don’t have a dog in this fight.

17 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Can we get a list of who he's covered each matchup, or games where he didn't shadow any player(s)? 

I know he followed Cooper against the Cowboys, moved around covering either Agholor and Ertz vs Eagles. Hopkins vs Texans.  

No but I'd love to see that info somewhere. I just know that while he does have a primary coverage assignment, it typically isn't a 100% shadow situation.

agree that any pro gilmore argument should also be a pro tre white argument... the building of a team by the bills has been unequivocally amazing, and tho i wouldn’t give the exec award to beane in any one year, if you could do it for a three or four year span i’d give it to him

steeler homerism says for me it’s watt

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

Anyone who watched football that year will tell you the Ravens defense was great but the Steelers defense was godly.

I watched them. They were on a very similar level. The Steelers were a better team because Ben was Ben and Flacco was rookie Flacco.

Ravens did the Steelers a huge favor by beating the Titans that year.

Edited by wackywabbit

On 12/17/2019 at 8:33 PM, wackywabbit said:

I watched them. They were on a very similar level. The Steelers were a better team because Ben was Ben and Flacco was rookie Flacco.

Honestly the 2008 Titans defense was better than 2008 Ravens.

On 12/17/2019 at 11:33 PM, wackywabbit said:

Except 2008 Ben wasnt much better than 2008 rookie Flacco, if at all.  Ben got destroyed early in the 2008 season by the Eagles because our OLine was pretty terrible.  He was off all year after that game.