Cardinals release Terrell Suggs; claimed by Chiefs

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, Danand said:

Suggs is about 1,5 sacks in the playoffs away from breaking a sack record, I believe it is Willie McGinest or something like that, so him reporting to the Chiefs despite saying he wanted to play for the Ravens might have been more of a smoke screen to finish in Baltimore rather than a wish.

And ultimately playing for the Chiefs, if they don’t get the first round bye, might ultimately be a better option to get that record. They would have to play an additional game over us in such a situation.

I like Pat Mahomes, so if we don’t get the SB I’ll be pissed but it would be a 06 season vs the Colts type of season where I would be pissed but perhaps I wouldn’t be as upset as otherwise.

But we’ll see how this plays out come playoff time. Suggs already made the wrong decision in going to Arizona, perhaps him joining the Chiefs will also ultimately prove to be the wrong decision as well.

13 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

They are last on the WW so no point. If no one claimed him is the only way they would get him and he would go there after not being claimed anyways. 

I believe if he would have cleared waivers that the cards would have owed him the rest of his salary and then they could have paid him money on top of it. So, that would have been cool on their part for not claiming him being last and also his preferred destination

5 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

And ultimately playing for the Chiefs, if they don’t get the first round bye, might ultimately be a better option to get that record. They would have to play an additional game over us in such a situation.

I like Pat Mahomes, so if we don’t get the SB I’ll be pissed but it would be a 06 season vs the Colts type of season where I would be pissed but perhaps I wouldn’t be as upset as otherwise.

But we’ll see how this plays out come playoff time. Suggs already made the wrong decision in going to Arizona, perhaps him joining the Chiefs will also ultimately prove to be the wrong decision as well.

Joining the Chiefs is not his decision.

Just now, VonKarman said:

Joining the Chiefs is not his decision.

He had the option to not report and play out that process. I’m sure they spoke with Suggs to make sure he would report before making other moves... otherwise they might’ve moved on to other options. They’re not going to be petty enough to hold onto Suggs when they need to fix their pass rush issues. And if they release him because he didn’t report what are the chances an NFC team would care enough to “stash” him away from the Ravens?

So Suggs had a “choice” in this. Especially since he reportedly said he would consider not reporting to a franchise. So at this point you clearly have to look at this as him ring chasing no matter the team. He was clearly ring chasing regardless but at least if he went back to the Ravens by exerting influence, it would’ve been less about the ring and more about the “principal” of joining “his” team. Now it comes across as he’s just a mercenary. I mean I have no major problem with it/him, just saying it seems like there is a showdown coming in the playoffs and he will either hate the Ravens franchise for ending his career OR Ravens fans will “hate” Suggs for ending this special season we’re having. So it’s kind of a lose lose in a way.

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

Can someone clarify something for me? I thought only players who've been in the league for 4 or less years went through waivers. Why is Suggs on waivers then?

Everybody goes on waivers past a point, can't remember which week, in the season.

On 12/17/2019 at 7:34 AM, diamondbull424 said:

Similar history to Tyrell Hill reportedly. I had no idea until recently the extent of it. But apparently his baby mother/wife/“best friend” was either leveraging his status to get more money out of him... or he clocked her on a few occasions. Sounds really bad. There wasn’t the evidence that we’ve had with some of the more recent players, but the allegations definitely are extensive and they sound really bad.

Bad allegations but no evidence

Doesnt mean a thing 

13 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Bad allegations but no evidence

Doesnt mean a thing 

Wow just realized I got spell checked to Tyrell Hill vs Tyreek. So that’s a thing. 😂

But the allegations don’t mean anything in a FOOTBALL arena. But from a personal standpoint, it does mean I answered the question being asked.

Plus many victims are without evidence because they destroy it for love. So in retirement when a football player is a lot less protected from the team, I’ll be interested in seeing if this type of issue rears it’s ugly head with Suggs. Hopefully it’s just speculation, but we’ve seen too many instances where former players behaviors don’t exactly improve as they leave the game of football and instead get worse. Suggs could potentially go from a HOF type resume to not making it due to an incident like this coming out after he hangs up his cleats and he’s deemed guilty in the court of public opinion.