What is one loss from your franchise you can't sit through again?

TecmoSuperJoe

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

2009 NFCCG. We were the best team in the NFL that season.

I can live with the 99 one because I think the Broncos would have beaten us anyways.

The burn of postseason Favre. There are several games that could be listed in this thread that ended with a horrendous Favre turnover. 

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

2009 NFCCG. We were the best team in the NFL that season.

I can live with the 99 one because I think the Broncos would have beaten us anyways.

After the 2009 game, I was still thinking the 1998 one was the worst, but now that I know about the cheating that went on, that makes it awfully tough to stomach. 

2017 was pretty bad too.  All the Vikings needed to do was show up and beat an inferior opponent and we were looking at a home Super Bowl.  They really let one slip away big time in that scenario.

With the Vikings there are just SO many from which to choose.

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

The time Tebow beat us in that playoff game....

No offense to the Steelers, but that was absolutely GLORIOUS!  About the only thing better than the game was watching Skip Bayless serve up a huge serving of CROW to Stephen A. Smith the morning after. 

Edited by Uncle Buck

There's a lot of these for Atlanta. The Super Bowl is the obvious pick but there's some horrific losses in franchise history that make me physically ill to acknowledge even exist.

2017 Divisional Loss vs. Eagles - This was an entirely winnable game to set the team up to go to Minn the next week in the NFC Championship Game and they blew it.
The 38-0 massacre in Carolina in 2015 - We made up for this by destroying their perfect season later on, but this game is basically impossible to watch if you root for Atlanta.
2014 Week 17 34-3 loss to Carolina - This was a game where we were just straight up outmatched. Couldn't block, couldn't run, and Carolina sat on short 3 yard routes all day long. It was one of those games where there was literally no way we could win and it was a very painful final chapter in the Mike Smith era.
2012 NFC Championship Game to the 49ers - I will go to my grave believing that Roddy White was interfered with in the endzone on that final drive. The 49ers had the better and deeper roster of the two teams, but to go up really quickly on them and then fail to hold on was not fun to watch. I'll always end up believing that we could have at least given the Ravens a good shot in the Super Bowl.
2011 Wild Card loss to the Giants - 2 points. This game was embarrassing to watch in real-time. I was so ashamed of this game for a long time.
2010 Divisional playoff loss to the Packers - The Packers were a damn good team but to get the doors blown off at home 48-21? That was as ugly a home playoff loss as I've ever seen and I actually felt physically ill watching it in person. Like it seriously made me feel sick.
2006 Week 16 vs. Panthers - The last home game Micheal Vick ever played for Atlanta, the Falcons were 7-7 and needed a win to stay alive in the wild card hunt. The Carolina Panthers are reeling, horrible, and they're starting Chris Weinke at QB. Easy win, right? The Panthers call only about 7 passes the entire game, knowing the Panthers are going to run every down, and they still lose 10-3. The Panthers ran the ball 50 times, so it's not even like they don't know what's coming. This game knocks Atlanta out of the playoffs on Christmas eve. It's even more painful when you consider that this was the last game Vick played for Atlanta at home, and that was followed up with his dogfighting scandal that got him arrested. Like, that was the last home game Micheal Vick played for us, and it was that performance. That's one of those games I'm literally ashamed to acknowledge that exists.

The fact that we have so many of these types of games is probably what makes the Super Bowl loss as bad as it is.

7 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

The burn of postseason Favre. There are several games that could be listed in this thread that ended with a horrendous Favre turnover. 

Oh that interception he threw in a tie game to give the Giants the NFCC game win in 2007. Oh the freeking PAIN. Lordy, I felt that all way to HEE-ah. 

Favre did the same thing when he went to the Vikings v. Saints. Same chit. For a HOF-er he sure had more than his share of suck *** moments.