What is one loss from your franchise you can't sit through again?

TecmoSuperJoe

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

2009 nfccg.

Like c'mon man ... I was told ahead of time officials were going to gift wrap it for NO cuz of what happened earlier.

One sided officiating, got the result they wanted.

Agreed, throw in the bountygate crap, definitely the type of game that seemed like a battle against two, the Saints and the refs.

22 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:

Agreed.  The 19-0 season that was oh so close. That sucked.

I can recall that play that the receiver caught the ball on his helmet with Harrison banging on him. 
giants were on their own 20, or thereabouts, and it was 3rd and 19 and no time outs for gints.

Hooo-LEEEE. what a whack in the groin with that pass. It was a nightmare. And we pretty much told me the loss is coming. Can't stop it.

That game used to hurt a lot but 3 more Super Bowls helped 

The Eagles Super Bowl is still a heart breaker for me cause of how Brady played, that would’ve gone down as one of the all time great individual accomplishments like MJ’s flu game 

2000 AFC Championship Game.  Tony Siragusa's hit on Gannon in the 2nd quarter was pure BS combined with one of the worst angles ever taken by a safety on the Sharpe TD was the beginning of the what ifs for the Raiders during the 1st Gruden era.  To add salt to the wound we had to watch and listen to that POS on the sidelines after he retired.  We win that game and there is no way Davis trades Gruden.

11 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

01 super bowl loss to the Pats. 

They cheated and also became a dynasty afterwards  

Oh that had to hurt. But face facts, rams dude, the rams should have **mopped the friggin' floor** with the Patriots. Y'all had them beat at every position including quarterback. Don't blame the Pats man. you controlled your own destiny.

I wonder if there was so much as ONE person that made and ODDS bet on the patriots that super bowl. Unthinkable. 

The best Titans team ever, in my opinion, 2000 Divisional lost to the Ravens. That Ray Lewis INT hunts me to this day.

-McNair throwing slightly behind Eddie George

-George bobbling the pass straight into Ray Lewis arms

-Lewis shrugging off George attempt to bring him down

-Lewis going down the sideline, for the game sealing pick six.

-Brian Billick and the whole Ravens bench taunting the crowd afterwards

-Ray Lewis shushing the crowd

-Eddie George (my favorite player, I might add) lying facedown on the field, defeated.

-And not to mention, we had a FG blocked and returned for a 90 yard TD early in the 4th of a tied up 10-10 defensive slugfest

I hate that play, I hate that game and I hated the Ravens for a long, long time afterwards.

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

As a Ravens fan the 2011 Cundiff/Evans game was maddening and soul crushing. Seeing Pats fans with their jerseys while I was at work was infuriating, but in retrospect it setup Tucker and “the last ride”... so I’m good with it, I’ve made peace with that loss.

The 2006 season with McNair where that defense i felt could go down as one of the best units ever along with that 00’ unit. But it was all for not because the offense couldn’t do their job... however Peyton Manning was my favorite QB of all time until the Ravens drafted Lamar Jackson, so I could console that lost with the fact that it led to Manning getting his first SB ring.

However the loss that sits with me more than any other was in the 2007 season vs the undefeated Patriots. Billick was going to be fired that season regardless as he had mostly proven to just have a stale locker room message and his offenses weren’t cutting it so I still think the Harbaugh/Flacco regime kicks up. However back to the game, that was our SB that season. It all came down to a 4th down play, Ray Lewis shoots the gap and makes the tackle behind the LOS (IIRC I honestly have never watched highlights of it again) to get the turnover on downs and win the game... only Rex Ryan, the defensive coordinator was allowed to call a TO and the refs didn’t blow the play dead until retroactively. This after a game where they had seemingly favored the Patriots with ticky tack calls all game long.

The Ravens go on to give up the completion on the next play, the Patriots score a TD after being gifted an extra sequence of downs after off a third down stop (I believe a roughing call on Suggs where Brady complains and a flag is thrown late)... something like that. Bart Scott gets so upset from all the crappy officiating that as they toss a yellow flag onto the ground he goes to it, picks it up, and tosses that sumbich into the stands. I can’t recall all of the details of that lost completely, but I also have no desire to rewatch that game or to remember how it all went down. It was my first year of college and I was homesick and that was my team playing in a huge game. I can’t remember the moment, the laughter of all my dorm-mates who were rooting for the Pats to win. Can’t do it.

I remember the game well, mon amis.

That year the undefeated Pats were the special target of everyone. It was one year that the ravens actually sucked. But man did they play well that game.
Billick f'd up throwing the time out to screw up the pats on 4th down. Yes Brady was sacked. Too bad!! But you can't blame the refs or the pats

Just to emphasize how pumped the ravens were to beat the Pats, did you notice the following week when the ravs played the Colts that the colts dumped like 48 points on ya? Sure, because the ravens were a spent shell. They lost their super bowl the week before and didn't give  damn. That's how sports works. Who shows up each week. Two different weeks, two different ravens teams, that's for sure.

This game was a non playoff game. I can understand being upset but I think the loss is magnified greatly because it was against the league juggernaut and scourge.

I get it. Sorry for your angst. Try rolaids. :)

49 minutes ago, mission27 said:

That game used to hurt a lot but 3 more Super Bowls helped 

The Eagles Super Bowl is still a heart breaker for me cause of how Brady played, that would’ve gone down as one of the all time great individual accomplishments like MJ’s flu game 

See, I can take that loss without the tears because the fact is, the patriots defense was so frikkin' bad that they did not DESERVE to win. plain and simple.
any super bowl loss sucks but of the three - the eagles' loss and two with the giants, this was the easiest for me to get over. by FAR.