What is one loss from your franchise you can't sit through again?

TecmoSuperJoe

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’m really not sure the point of your post. Why are we talking about rolaids trying to incite. Did I do the same for you or anyone else in this thread? There is no “debate” here, just recap of WHY the lost sits.

Blame the Patriots? Didn’t say that I blame them. They played the game. I’ve made no debate about the fact that I’m not a Tom Brady fan because he complains more than any QB I’ve ever seen play... but I also don’t blame him for it as it’s the NBA flop... if you can get a free throw to help the team win, why not? 

Do I blame the refs though, yes. The officiating was just as bad if not worse than the recent game for the Pats vs the Chiefs. I don’t like the Pats, but I came to the rescue of a Pats fan in that regard where a Ravens fan tried to act like that game was “no big deal” with regard to the refs. That game was pathetic and so was that 07 game. So yeah I blame them for doing a terrible job and calling a very uneven game. But the buc doesn’t stop there. For a very long time I hated Rex Ryan for that timeout, it wasn’t until he became a tv personality (though I guess he was always that) and we had won another SB where I could look back on him and think about that 06 defense, his amazing contributions there, and how funny he was... where I could absolve him of calling a TO subverting that of what the HC wanted to do, he shouldn’t have had the power to do that but I believe his arrogance and self importance led to him overstepping his job responsibility to make that TO call. In no other game have I ever seen a Ravens assistance coach do something like that before or after. It was truly pathetic. That TO call had nothing to do with Billick. It was Ryan who called it because he didn’t think the defense was in the proper position, he ate that mistake in the post game presser for that game. But I still disliked him for that timeout. Had nothing to do with Billick.

So what are you really trying to accomplish here. Is this your internet tough guy moment? Are you simply being overly sarcastic and the joke is lost? Really not sure. I’ll assume your intent wasn’t to be a tool here, but I really don’t know your posting style well enough to be sure one way or the other.

Well it sure wasn't to p!ss you of.. So, sorry about that.

What amazed me was the original post. It was a regular season game here. There was nothing of value hanging in the balance here. The Ravs were not making the playoffs, no matter what. So what I was expressing was that you seemed so upset over  RS game oh so long ago, just because it was the Patriots - or so it seems.

I know the game was big for ravs fans but it was on to take the top dog down. Your season had been over long before that game. And I figured that if a RS game got you angry with all the other PLAYOFF games the ravs have had with the pats, it struck me as real odd. 

Hope you understand and please accept my apologies. Won't happen again, diamond bull.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Split the Sticks said:

What amazed me was the original post. It was a regular season game here. There was nothing of value hanging in the balance here. The Ravs were not making the playoffs, no matter what. So what I was expressing was that you seemed so upset over  RS game oh so long ago, just because it was the Patriots - or so it seems.

I know the game was big for ravs fans but it was on to take the top dog down. Your season had been over long before that game. And I figured that if a RS game got you angry with all the other PLAYOFF games the ravs have had with the pats, it struck me as real odd. 

Hope you understand and please accept my apologies. Won't happen again, diamond bull.

See I wasn’t sure. It’s the internet. That’s my fault. I figured it could be sarcasm or it could be a tough guy act.

But yeah, for me that loss rings more because of the nature of the game against the top dog, it was the one silver lining to be taken away from that crappy season, but more importantly it was my first year, first month (maybe second month) in college and I was homesick and the Ravens was the closest thing to “home” that I had. It’s when I got involved with this site to the degree that I did (I’m sure others got as involved in college as well).

But the other games, I was older, I was employed and living life, I was a huge fan but I had enough other things going on in life where it didn’t dent as hard. That and the fact that losing with the Cundiff/Evans plays led to us getting Justin Tucker the following year and also getting “the last ride” for Ray Lewis. You can’t get much more special than that run so it absolves the year before in many ways to me.

But losing to the Patriots sucks, but if it’s fair and square it is what it is. I cheer for them to lose the next game. But I’m not going to get all -hurt about it. But that 07 game was noticeably annoying for the above reasons and the circumstances within my life. Kind of like a girl breaking up with you in middle school might’ve been more impactful than the adult relationship you’ve had because it was “your first true heartbreak.” If that makes sense.

The Cundiff/Evans loss at Foxboro was the most viscerally gutting just because of how dramatic and sudden the ending of the game was for us. But that loss has softened with time knowing that we went into Foxboro the next year for the AFC Championship game and got redemption on our way to winning it all. For that particular cast of characters - minus Cundiff and Evans themselves - they got their happy ending. Can't say the same for the 2006 team and that brutal divisional round loss to the Colts. You have a few constants - Ray, Ed, Ngata - but beyond that that loss was the end of an era. Billick got run out of town a year later, McNair (RIP) played about 8 more games in the NFL, Adalius Thomas went from the future of positionless football to a Patriots FA flameout... and an all-time great defense was basically lost to history despite holding up their end of the bargain against Peyton in the playoffs. 

Those 4 Colts playoff games in 2006 may have been the ugliest SB run in history.

Manning had 3 TDs and 7 picks that playoffs.

QB ratings in those 4 games:

• Manning 71.9  Green 48.4
  • Manning 39.6 McNair 49.9
  • Manning 79.1 Brady 79.5
  • Manning 81.8 Grossman 68.3

6 TDs 14 picks combined.

On 12/17/2019 at 10:43 AM, Split the Sticks said:

You're a good guy, Split the Sticks.  It's nice to have people like you on Football's Future.  Keep up the good work buddy.

giphy.gif

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1