What is one loss from your franchise you can't sit through again?

TecmoSuperJoe

I bet I've seen the entire game 5+ times in my life, but the game where Byner fumbles walking into the endzone is one that I just seemingly can't "get over". I don't think most people understand just how dominant E.B. was in that game and almost single-handedly willed that team to what would have likely been a win/Super Bowl appearance. He then became suicidal in the off-season and was traded for his own mental health to Washington (Cleveland fans that tailgated started making Ernest Byner apple/cherry turnovers in the lot, just to name one), where he finally won his Super Bowl. I'll always feel bad for Byner and happy that he got his ring.

Rosencopter. 

Rosencopter.gif

This was supposed to be the Texans moment where they proved to everyone they were no longer the "expansion team" that people hung on to. The Texans had a 10 point lead with less than four minutes left in the game, and then...

...68 yard fumble recovery by Gary Bracket, followed by a panicked three and out by the Texans, followed by a Peyton Manning to Reggie Wayne TD that effectively ended the game. 

There are more impactful losses, but this one just gives me heartburn.

• Like 1

2008, after going 13-3, that playoff game against Baltimore... the turnovers... them intentionally injuring CJ... and then the icing with no delay of game penalty, giving the Ravens almost 3 more seconds to make a completion to set up the GW FG... have not and will not watch a full replay or really any moment from that game.

Now that I've typed that up and remembered again... **** the Ravens.

On 12/14/2019 at 10:16 AM, Jlowe22 said:

The divisional loss to the niners in 2011.  I've rewatched all of the other postseason losses, but I just can't stomach that one.

Gotta go with this one. Beastquake is all-time level embarrassment, but the Saints were nothing special in 2010. 2011 Saints are one of the best teams Payton ever fielded, at least offensively. 

• Like 1

Did i really just scroll through 8 pages and not find a single Bengals fan mention the 2015 wildcard loss to the Steelers?

Or for the older generation, the two superbowl losses to the 9ers?

Bengals have soul crushing defeats on their resume.

10 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I keep changing my mind on this one.  The Vikings have been to four Super Bowls and six more NFC Championship games.  That's about once every five years.  Where do we begin? 

LOL, ya, you got your history covered up by Buffalo who lost their four, all in-a-row. But I didn't know there were 6 other NFCCG losses to boot. 

I remember the first for you guys against the chiefs, being just a tad then. Didn't really know what was going on but I liked the name "purple people eaters" so I rooted for Vikes. The Vikes had great teams back then.  Ahhh, the good old days.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fray32 said:

Gotta go with this one. Beastquake is all-time level embarrassment, but the Saints were nothing special in 2010. 2011 Saints are one of the best teams Payton ever fielded, at least offensively. 

I'd take it a step further and call it one of the best offenses in history.  Not the best, but in the top tier.  

For me, it was the loss that made me stop myself from getting too emotional about a game we have no control over.  It was good prep for the losses that were to come.

• Like 1

Frank Reich's come from behind win against the Oilers in 93'. A 32 point lead with the game seemingly in hand and then Frank Reich happened. Also Joe Montana pulled out a comeback win with the Chiefs the very next year. Those were hard to digest back in the day. 

Edited by Jaytrajik

For me it was two -

The 1986 AFCCG "The Drive" - Chip Banks wanted to be paid like a superstar - where the hell was he during that meltdown?

Then -

The previously mentioned 1987 AFCCG "The Fumble" ................

Both of those - even 33 and 32 years later - are still a special kind of kick to the nuts.