Report: Shohei Otani will be posted and play in the MLB next year

JammerHammer21

Interesting point from Passan

Not sure the status of most teams, but obviously it doesn't matter - if Otani is passing up all that money, a team that has bonus pool left (I know the Yankees do from their trades) isn't really in that much better position because a couple hundred thousand, or even a million (probably the max) is going to mean nothing to Otani.

Of course, he might not actually end up posted, so we'll have to wait and see if this actually happens.

40 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Sevy

Gray

Otani

Tanaka??

Monty

It's so evil but I want it

If Tanaka opts out (which I think he will), he's probably gone. I'd be stunned if the Yankees would want to pay him what it'll take to get him, and he's rebounded to the point where an opt-out seems likely.

Otani for DH though. Or tell him that, and then say jk when they sign him. Maybe.

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

Ohtani could absolutely be a starting caliber COF that's the effed up thing lol.

Dodgers are still the team to beat here, ESPECIALLY now that they have Darvish (his idol and a close confidant), initial money means nothing. There will be AHEM done to ensure he's properly compensated.

Wherever he goes, he's probably getting endorsement deals regardless. The Japanese media is going to be all over him, and his every move is going to be watched. I'm sure some apparel company will shell out big bucks to make sure he's wearing their stuff. 

MLB's probably going to be pretty damn diligent about watching what happens with him though.

Just now, JammerHammer21 said:

Wherever he goes, he's probably getting endorsement deals regardless. The Japanese media is going to be all over him, and his every move is going to be watched. I'm sure some apparel company will shell out big bucks to make sure he's wearing their stuff. 

MLB's probably going to be pretty damn diligent about watching what happens with him though.

All I will say is all parties involved benefit from him being here and being happy about how he is being compensated.

But yes he's already got some BIG bucks on the table from Mizuno and UA.

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

All I will say is all parties involved benefit from him being here and being happy about how he is being compensated.

But yes he's already got some BIG bucks on the table from Mizuno and UA.

Yeah, if he wants LA, he's going to LA, and $300K is going to be peanuts to him, and probably already is peanuts.

Yankees plz.

6 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Ohtani could absolutely be a starting caliber COF that's the effed up thing lol.

Dodgers are still the team to beat here, ESPECIALLY now that they have Darvish (his idol and a close confidant), initial money means nothing. There will be AHEM done to ensure he's properly compensated.

Darvish won't belong to any team when Otani is posted.

Archived