Kluber Traded to the Rangers for Delino DeShields and Emmanuel Clase

ramssuperbowl99

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

He's coming off an injury, he's 33, and he is kind of pricey. 

wut

He posted a 5+ WAR season in 2018. 

Oh yeah? I bet you can’t tell me what his PEACE was. 

Anyway the point I wanted you to get out of my post is he hasn’t been good LATELY. Maybe that’s why he went for cheap. 

I bet the Tribe sold him for whatever they could get knowing that he's about done...they have a history of doing this with players. As much as I loathe the Dolans, their FO usually wins these types of trades...

...however, they should have done this LAST offseason when his price was a lot higher.

48 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Was my joke that bad?

More that the premise didn't make sense tbh.

He had 1 bad year due to reoccurring injuries, and it wasn't even like he tore his labrum or did something where you could say that he'd need career changing surgery or something. Before that, he's been one of the top 3-5 best starters in baseball. Saying he hasn't been good recently is true, based on 7 starts where he wasn't healthy, but it's a ridiculously small sample for a guy with his track record.

Kluber might be done, or the time away might give his body time to actually recover from his crazy workload. Giving him away as a salary dump before you know the outcome is silly.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I bet the Tribe sold him for whatever they could get knowing that he's about done...they have a history of doing this with players. As much as I loathe the Dolans, their FO usually wins these types of trades...

...however, they should have done this LAST offseason when his price was a lot higher.

Last offseason they thought they were going to compete in 2019. I mean, who really saw Jose Ramirez cliff dive, Carrasco getting cancer, Kluber getting hurt, and the host of other things that went wrong for the Indians. 

20 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Last offseason they thought they were going to compete in 2019. I mean, who really saw Jose Ramirez cliff dive, Carrasco getting cancer, Kluber getting hurt, and the host of other things that went wrong for the Indians. 

All of those things no, but they were extremely arrogant. They literally dumped salary and said they were still competitors/thought they had the AL Central on lockdown. Even the Ringer ran an article about how the Tribe was revolutionizing small market baseball by both salary dumping and competing for a WS. I saw through that facade at the time and the Twins clearly had other plans.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He had 1 bad year due to reoccurring injuries, and it wasn't even like he tore his labrum or did something where you could say that he'd need career changing surgery or something. Before that, he's been one of the top 3-5 best starters in baseball. Saying he hasn't been good recently is true, based on 7 starts where he wasn't healthy, but it's a ridiculously small sample for a guy with his track record.

Kluber might be done, or the time away might give his body time to actually recover from his crazy workload. Giving him away as a salary dump before you know the outcome is silly.

Don’t forget to count the postseason where he hasn’t been good. 

Again I’m only stating a potential reason why they traded him for practically nothing. He’s not been good lately. 

Btw I really miss good Kluber, when he was on he was so much fun to watch. 

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:30 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Exactly. This is a measured gamble by the Rangers. If Kluber is back to 2018 form, combined with Lance Lynn and Mike Minor, the Rangers have a good rotation that can compete for a WC spot. If they are out of it at the deadline, a good Kluber is a valuable trade piece.

If Kluber doesn't return to form the Rangers didn't give up anything. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

Underwhelming return, but Kluber might be done anyway. I love the guy, but it was time to move on.

Just waiting for us to trade Lindor instead of extending him...

The Dolans make it hard to get too invested in the Indians.

What's the deal with Clevinger? Heard they might move him too.

1 hour ago, Justwinning said:

What's the deal with Clevinger? Heard they might move him too.

Nightengale talking out of his keister is my best guess there. The Dodgers would have to give up half their farm system AND 1-2 of their young regulars for both Lindor and Clevinger.

On 12/16/2019 at 1:23 PM, Bonanza23 said:

Don’t forget to count the postseason where he hasn’t been good. 

Again I’m only stating a potential reason why they traded him for practically nothing. He’s not been good lately. 

Btw I really miss good Kluber, when he was on he was so much fun to watch. 

Dude had one of the better postseason runs in recent history...gtfo.

I predict he'll have a bounceback like Donaldson did after being prematurely written off for injuries at that age.

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Dude had one of the better postseason runs in recent history...gtfo.

I predict he'll have a bounceback like Donaldson did after being prematurely written off for injuries at that age.

Not in the last two postseasons, no. 

BTW as long as he isn’t pitching against us I’ll try to watch some of his games this year. I won’t say I’m rooting for him, but when he’s on he’s fun to watch.