2017-18 NCAAB Thread

Glen

College basketball is not my strong suit. But the forum is looking a little empty and we're supposed to be generating some decent discussion. So I'll ask, who is going to be this years top overall prospect?

2 hours ago, Gmen4ev said:

College basketball is not my strong suit. But the forum is looking a little empty and we're supposed to be generating some decent discussion. So I'll ask, who is going to be this years top overall prospect?

As far as the NBA draft or as far as college production goes?

@Gmen4ev I don't think we have any surefire top 3 picks. I'm sure everyone will say Michael Porter but I don't think he's that good, being completely honest. I personally love Miles Bridges and think he should go top 2 at worst. Luka Doncic should go #1 but I'll never say that a Euro prospect is ever a surefire top 3 pick.

@bkobow05 Has Doncic been playing in the pro league over there? I'm actually going to try and catch some college games this year so I'll keep my eye out for those two. Only thing bad about working 3pm-11pm is that I miss most of the games unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Gmen4ev said:

@bkobow05 Has Doncic been playing in the pro league over there? I'm actually going to try and catch some college games this year so I'll keep my eye out for those two. Only thing bad about working 3pm-11pm is that I miss most of the games unfortunately.

Doncic plays for Real Madrid in Liga ACB which is a top European League. Real Madrid also plays in the EuroLeague which everyone knows is the league in Europe.

4 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Doncic plays for Real Madrid in Liga ACB which is a top European League. Real Madrid also plays in the EuroLeague which everyone knows is the league in Europe.

Has he been dominating, or just shown flashes of something special?

2 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

Has he been dominating, or just shown flashes of something special?

Flashes while definitely holding his own as an 17/18 year old in the ACB/EuroLeague.

7.8 PTS, 4.3 REB, 3.1 AST on 46.0/31.8/78.7 in roughly 20 minutes per night. He's a better shooter than his 3pt FG% indicates though.

8 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

The college basketball thread is about college basketball!!! Not NBA prospects!!

I'm not really sure who is supposed to be good this year besides Zona.

Figured with the lack of members at the moment we could just lump the few threads together for the time being. That way we only have 5 decently active threads rather than 30 semi active threads. 

23 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

Figured with the lack of members at the moment we could just lump the few threads together for the time being. That way we only have 5 decently active threads rather than 30 semi active threads. 

It's fine, my man. Last time I looked, future NBA prospects tend to play in college...

But yea, watch as much of Bridges as you can. I'm a huge fan of his game. 

Archived