2017-18 NCAAB Thread

Glen

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

I'm a year or so too early but is RJ Barrett deserving of the hype? Is he the best Canadian prospect ever? Over Wiggins?

He killed it in that U-19 event. Did USA have an A squad out there? 

He's the best player in high school basketball right now and that includes the outgoing 2017 class.

As far as Wiggins...Wiggins has the athleticism that Barrett could only dream about but Barrett's the better player IMO. Barrett's got a James Harden like feel for the game and I've gone back and forth comparing him to LeBron's style (he's not big enough on further examination) and Harden's. He's got crazy upside. 

Just now, kyle21121 said:

Love it. Is he in the 18 or 19 class? And any idea where he'd go?

Class of 2019 (he was only a sophomore). No clue as we're far too early in the recruitment process and he could always graduate early.

1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

He's got a slight edge over Bagley for me right now.

I like Bagley too but I'm just in love with Barrett's feel for the game. He's crafty as hell, deceptively athletic and does practically everything well. He's the best 16 year old in a long time. Well, he's 17 now but you know what I meant.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Class of 2019 (he was only a sophomore). No clue as we're far too early in the recruitment process and he could always graduate early.

He's expected to reclassify to 2018.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

I like Bagley too but I'm just in love with Barrett's feel for the game. He's crafty as hell, deceptively athletic and does practically everything well. He's the best 16 year old in a long time. Well, he's 17 now but you know what I meant.

I feel you. Still a long way to go. I'd love to see Bagley stay in the 2018 class and watch those two duke it out in college for a year. I still need to see Barrett shoot well consistently and continue to work on his shot.

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Fair enough. They said he was 17 and also said he was a sophomore and that seemed like a mistake unless he was held back or something. I graduated HS before my 18th birthday just seemed odd. 

Just now, kyle21121 said:

Fair enough. They said he was 17 and also said he was a sophomore and that seemed like a mistake unless he was held back or something. I graduated HS before my 18th birthday just seemed odd. 

He turned 17 in June.

4 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

I feel you. Still a long way to go. I'd love to see Bagley stay in the 2018 class and watch those two duke it out in college for a year. I still need to see Barrett shoot well consistently and continue to work on his shot.

Yeah, I feel ya there. He's an inconsistent shooter but he makes up for it with his ability to get to the line. 

His inconsistent shooting is why my first thought was LeBron but he's got a James Harden like demeanor and ability on offense. If he can get his shooting down (his form isn't bad at all), he'll be unreal.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Any insight on where he could end up?

Pretty wide open. Kind of kid that Coach Cal does not like to miss, for whatever that's worth.

My guess would be one of Kentucky, Texas, or Michigan. Would love to see him and Bagley in the same conference somehow.

Archived