2017-18 NCAAB Thread

Glen

Just now, utley4568 said:

Pretty wide open. Kind of kid that Coach Cal does not like to miss, for whatever that's worth.

My guess would be one of Kentucky, Texas, or Michigan. Would love to see him and Bagley in the same conference somehow.

I just looked at his 247 page and realized that Roy Williams hasn't even bothered with him yet. That infuriates me.

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Yeah, I feel ya there. He's an inconsistent shooter but he makes up for it with his ability to get to the line. 

Yeah his release is too low right now. Needs to raise the ball higher. He just doesn't look natural shooting, it's really rigid.

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

I just looked at his 247 page and realized that Roy Williams hasn't even bothered with him yet. That infuriates me.

He's a legit one-and-done so Roy won't touch him.

Yeah his release is too low right now. Needs to raise the ball higher. He just doesn't look natural shooting, it's really rigid.

It's a mechanical release right now. He needs a real shooting coach IMO. It's not bad form, it's just not right. There's things to work with, he just doesn't have the confidence in it and you can tell. Reminds me a lot of Giannis in that regard.

He's a legit one-and-done so Roy won't touch him.

And that's what I hate about Roy. I can't be too upset because we've won 3 National Titles under his belt but, just once, go get a superstar talent again. Last time we grabbed one was supposed to be Harrison Barnes and that was 7 years ago. Hell, he took Jalek Felton and there's a real shot that Felton jumps after one year. I'd actually put a lot of money on it that he does.

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

It's a mechanical release right now. He needs a real shooting coach IMO. It's not bad form, it's just not right. There's things to work with, he just doesn't have the confidence in it and you can tell. Reminds me a lot of Giannis in that regard.

Yeah it's so rigid you can tell he's never really had anyone work with him on it. Amazing how many of these guys don't get actual help until the NBA.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

And that's what I hate about Roy. I can't be too upset because we've won 3 National Titles under his belt but, just once, go get a superstar talent again. Last time we grabbed one was supposed to be Harrison Barnes and that was 7 years ago. Hell, he took Jalek Felton and there's a real shot that Felton jumps after one year. I'd actually put a lot of money on it that he does.

Just doesn't seem like he wants to put the effort into getting those high-level talents. This might be a bit of a hot take, but Roy is not nearly as good of a talent evaluator as he is a talent developer, either.

Just doesn't seem like he wants to put the effort into getting those high-level talents. This might be a bit of a hot take, but Roy is not nearly as good of a talent evaluator as he is a talent developer, either.

He's a system guy. He doesn't really develop. He finds certain styles that fit what he likes to do and he lives and dies by it.

14 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Oh okay so he's entering his JR year in September then I thought maybe he was entering his sophomore year and that would clear up both issues for me. 

Kids stay back a year before entering HS so they look better. At least I heard that happens fairly frequently. They usually reclassify sometime in HS to their original class tho. Still seemed super weird to me.

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Kids stay back a year before entering HS so they look better. At least I heard that happens fairly frequently. They usually reclassify sometime in HS to their original class tho. Still seemed super weird to me.

Yea that is weird because he still would be turning 19 in the final month of his final year of HS. I guess him being super good at such a young age he has that advantage of being put back on the usual track and if he was just a solid player like many others he'd look better being a year older than the rest of the college competition? 

Thanks for the general info guys. If he's in college for next year that would be fantastic. 

15 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Yea that is weird because he still would be turning 19 in the final month of his final year of HS. I guess him being super good at such a young age he has that advantage of being put back on the usual track and if he was just a solid player like many others he'd look better being a year older than the rest of the college competition? 

Thanks for the general info guys. If he's in college for next year that would be fantastic. 

Devin Booker and Josh Jackson both went to one year of college. Booker has played two NBA seasons, Jackson zero. Yet Booker is only like 5 months older than him. Depending on their Bdays they could/should have been in the 1st grade together. Stuff is weird.

10 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Devin Booker and Josh Jackson both went to one year of college. Booker has played two NBA seasons, Jackson zero. Yet Booker is only like 5 months older than him. Depending on their Bdays they could/should have been in the 1st grade together. Stuff is weird.

Yea that's pretty insane if you think about it. I guess this is just common practice in HS basketball and people don't really think about it. 

Archived