Lions v Bucs

SwiftPride

Meh.  I had the game on in the background as I worked around the house.  I expect very little from this team, but seeing players like Wes Hills getting a chance to live his dream of playing in the NFL starting and scoring 2 touchdowns in his 1st NFL game does make me smile.  I no longer let the Lions dictate my Sundays, but my unrequited love for this team keeps me from bailing completely on them. As of now I hope for the best and expect the worse and hang my hat on its got get better eventually.  At least I have the Tigers……….I mean the Pistons…………maybe the Red Wings………..Never mind lol.

• Like 1

Looking at the schedule I think theres a decent chance we get to #2.

Regardless, if Young does come out and he is the prospect we think he is, we should pony up need be to get him if at all possible. 

Our pass rush is by far the weakest part of our team and if Quinn doesnt do a 180 on it this offseason, he'll be gone and probably should be.

the game was on a small screen for me, we have lost so many ppl to injury(not saying its an excuse) its almost unbearable to watch anymore. I don't know why Kerryon is coming back next week(reportedly)trade down get more ammo for future drafts. We are not 1 player away from the super bowl.

half the plays I saw yesterday seemed like the team quit

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

the game was on a small screen for me, we have lost so many ppl to injury(not saying its an excuse) its almost unbearable to watch anymore. I don't know why Kerryon is coming back next week(reportedly)trade down get more ammo for future drafts. We are not 1 player away from the super bowl.

half the plays I saw yesterday seemed like the team quit

That's what scares me. The team isn't getting better. It feels like the players are not buying into whatever Patricia is selling. The injuries haven't helped, but I think that Patricia and Quinn need to go. The list of coaches that have failed miserably for two years and then miraculously turned things around in year three is actually quite small. 

Edited by Lions017

9 hours ago, Lions017 said:

That's what scares me. The team isn't getting better. It feels like the players are not buying into whatever Patricia is selling. The injuries haven't helped, but I think that Patricia and Quinn need to go. The list of coaches that have failed miserably for two years and then miraculously turned things around in year three is actually quite small. 

I haven’t watched the last two games but it seemed previously the team had quit. Other than Bo players didn’t seem aggressive enough. To many players going through the motions. 

I agree with your last statement completely. I would add the list of ex Patriot staff that have failed elsewhere is long.

I actually think there are some good players on the team who are being let down by the coaches. Rushing three on D isn’t working and hangs the secondary out to dry. It also further exposes a middle linebacker who lacks coverage skills.  To stubborn to try other options.

26 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I haven’t watched the last two games but it seemed previously the team had quit. Other than Bo players didn’t seem aggressive enough. To many players going through the motions. 

I agree with your last statement completely. I would add the list of ex Patriot staff that have failed elsewhere is long.

I actually think there are some good players on the team who are being let down by the coaches. Rushing three on D isn’t working and hangs the secondary out to dry. It also further exposes a middle linebacker who lacks coverage skills.  To stubborn to try other options.

What's worse for this regime?

Having talented players who quit? 

or...

Having untalented try-hards?

Either way it's not good.

• Like 1