Madison Bumgarner to DBacks - 5 years / 85 Million

beekay414

3 hours ago, nayad said:

I got a feeling he wanted to play in AZ, I know he (like pretty much everyone) has a house there with his horses. But I think every giants fan would have been cool with 20m/yr or less for Bum, to see him leave for 15m/yr is just a disappointing end for the franchises greatest pitcher. 

Glad he's staying in the NL, Bum Dingers are worth the price of admission. 

So he’ll get injured falling off a horse instead of a dirt bike this time?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Franchise’s greatest pitcher of all time?

Mathewson and Marichal >>>

Yea I stand by what I said. There's some legends in the franchises history but the Bum will go down as my number one. Like Joe Montana or Bill Walsh for did for this region during a historic run. The absolute masterpieces he put together in the most critical moments mean more than the accomplishments and stories that Marichal, Lincecum or Matthewson have.

4 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Money is good, but no way I would've given him 5 years. He has something like 500-800 more innings on his arm than most pitchers his comparable age...

He's got the arm, mechanics and the  build to continue on and perform reasonably well through five years (though I admit that is asking a lot), but yeah, he's logged a lot of innings and pitches for someone of his age. 

The one thing that is nice is that he may be trying to change himself as a pitcher. As his velo has dropped, he's actually drastically improved his spin rate on the ball, which is a positive factor. 5 years is certainly risky though 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Money is good, but no way I would've given him 5 years. He has something like 500-800 more innings on his arm than most pitchers his comparable age...

his delivery is super easy on his arm and shoulder. He has a huge frame as well. I actually think he is going to pitch for another 10 years. He is one of the rare people who have the mindset for it too, being that he is so stubborn. 

• Like 1

This makes me very happy as a Braves fan we have been linked to him for most of the offseason during last season trade deadline.  I have had no interest in him and even more so at 4 or 5 years and 15 to 20 mil a year.   I just don't think his 4.5 to 5+ era plays well away from SF and didn't want him coming here to eat up our cap space from getting someone better.

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

This makes me very happy as a Braves fan we have been linked to him for most of the offseason during last season trade deadline.  I have had no interest in him and even more so at 4 or 5 years and 15 to 20 mil a year.   I just don't think his 4.5 to 5+ era plays well away from SF and didn't want him coming here to eat up our cap space from getting someone better.

Yeah because that money is better spent on mark melancon lol 

10 hours ago, N4L said:

Yeah because that money is better spent on mark melancon lol 

No that money would be better spent on a middle of the order bat Shane Greene, or Will Smith.   Although i can't knock on Melancon as of last year he did a hell of alot better closing for us than i thought he would.  11 saves with 0 blow saves i'll take that after the crap show we seen before he got here with Puke Jackson lol.